window 7 BootMGR missing on netbook

Erin

Hi,
since last week my netbook has been receiving an error everytime I try to turn it on
“missing BootMGR Press ctrl+alt+delete to restart”
I know that this is probably because I accidentally marked the wrong drive as my active partition. and now I dont know how to fix it.
I’m also concerned because my netbook does not have DVD/CD rom. Is there anyway that I can fix this error using a thumbdrive? My thumbdrive can hold up to 8gb.
Thank you for taking the time to read

How exactly is explained within the link. All you have to do is follow it. Yes there is a way to do it with USB. Just download the ISO and put that onto a USB. There are hundreds of free tools to do this for you easily.

Terry, is there another program that I could use that is free? In the home edition of easeus there is no option to Create WinPE bootable disk.

If you already have an ISO pre-downloaded (like the partition magic from earlier) you can point it at that, or you can point it at an online download (like gparted) and it will download it then put it on your USB drive.

So I have the magic partition downloaded but it's home edition is that alright? Or should I do Gparted?

Addendum

There are also two options to Gparted, there is one called Gparted_live_stable and Gparted_live_testing. When trying either, I get an error.

okay so after I download partition magic home edition that all I do? Then from tuxboot I choose pre downloaded ISO and point to partition magic? what is the path to that, I cant find the file.
and do I check any of the boxes like 'show all drives', 'save iso file', or 'MD5 Check'?

Only you can say what the path to the downloaded ISO is.
It's wherever you downloaded it to. (the download manager should say where it's going to put it and let you change the destination if you wish.)
I don't have Tuxboot, so I've no idea what its parameters are.
Just experiment with it, the downloaded ISO and your USB drive until you end up with a bootable partition manager.
Once you've achieved that, boot it and use it to set the correct partition active again.

looks like I got it, thank you for being patient with me Terry
though my recovery drive( E: ) looks full, but I'll make another topic asking for help with that

That's not a problem.
The OEM makes the recovery partition just big enough to hold everything you need to factory reset the PC. There's no point in leaving empty space in it, nothing new will ever be added to it.

Back