Windows 10 “This app can’t run on your PC”

EasyBCD 2.3.exe will not run on my PC. I am using Windows 10 Pro Ver: 1703 Build 15063.413
The first time I tried to run it I received error: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect."
Event viewer said "activation context generation failed SideBySide Error Event id: 59"
Subsequent attempts simply generates a "This app can't run on your PC" error.

any ideas ... besides scrapping Windows 10?

Like Darrell Bradley I experience the same problem with the same Easy-BCD version and the same Windows version.
We certainly aren't the only one! Hope this will be solved soon.

Like Darrell Bradley I experience the same problem with the same Easy-BCD version and the same Windows version.
We certainly aren't the only one! Hope this will be solved soon.
The problem was that I had a version for Windows 10 Home and needed the Pro version, that solved the problem.

There are no special versions for W10 Home and W10 Pro.- simply uininstall it, make sure Windows is up to date and install the latest version from the product download page. Note: it's free for non-commercial use.
EasyBCD
If there are continued problems then hopefully someone with more technical knowledge than I will post.

I had some help from the EasyBCD and it was solved with a new version, the previous version (also for Windows10Pro) had to be updated.
Thank you all.

Back