Windows 10

mgiallu

Hi,
The new Microsoft windows 10 " Windows 10 Technical Preview " is now available , I installed it on a separated disk and added a new entry for it in the EasyBCD 2.2 but this doesn't run.
Perhaps it's a little early but it should be fine to consider it now.
Regards.
Alain Leroy.

"It doesn't work" doesn't really mean much. What happens when you add it? What happens when you try to boot from the newly-added entry?

Hi,
I have a black screen which says (in french)
Fichier : \windows\system32\winload.exe
etat : 0XC0000428
La signature numérique de ce fichier n'a pas pu être vérifiée.
Regards.
Alain.

You're using the old version of BOOTMGR, from Windows 7.
You need to update BOOTMGR from the Windows 10 version, see C:\Windows\boot\pcat

You can either switch your BIOS to boot from the W10 disk and add an entry for W7 to its BCD,
or
rename bootmgr on W7 (to bootmgr7 for example), and copy bootmgr on W10 into W7.
You will need folder options set thus, to see the super-hidden boot files.

Hi,
Goog idea, I installed Easybcd on W10 and boot the system from its disk, I set the w8 entry as first input and all is OK.
Thanks you for help.
I don't know how to close this topic, for me it's an happy end.
Regards.
Alain.

Hello,
Bonne idée, J'ai installé Easybcd sur W10 et je démarre ma machine sur ce disque. J'ai mis W8 par défaut et tout fonctionne correctement.
Merci pour votre aide.
Je ne sais pas comment clore ce sujet, pour moi c'est une fin heureuse...
Cordialement.
Alain.

Ah oui, j'en profite pour vous dire que votre produit est excellent et c'est pour moi très utile.

Last edited:
You're most welcome.

Je suis très heureux d'entendre que EasyBCD était utile pour vous. S'il vous plait excusez les erreurs dans mon français. Je suis toujours l'apprendre.
(Peut-être c'est incorrect? Est "Je suis en train de l'apprendre?" mieux?)

Back