Windows 11 bootmanager overrides EasyBCD

Boshond

I succesfully installed EasyBCD 2.4 on my brandnew computer with 3 Windows 11 OS installations on different partitions, one for common use, one for dedicated software and one for experiments.
However in a lot of cases the computer starts with Windows own "bootmanager" an not with EasyBCD, especially when a new Windows update has been installed. Disadvantage of the Windows bootmanager is that it starts one of the Windows installations and when you select a Windows installation other than the last one you used the computer must restart which takes time. Is there a way to avoid this so the computer will ALWAYS start with EasyBCD?

I had the same issue a while back and found that if I deleted the entries for my secondary systems and carefully re-entered them (then saved) it worked.
Also there was a system upgrade so not sure which helped. Now I get the EBCD one.
Be very careful though as deleting the wrong entry could lead to an unbootable system.

Thanks, that "pretend boot" part explains a lot. Fortunately I don't have all those problems described for W8 in W11, it's just a matter of that constant reboot when a different W11 is selected than the former one I used. Will check if changing the Power Options will solve the problem.

Indeed, Control Panel > Power Options, reveal the "currently unavailable" settings and choose "what the power button does" and remove the tick from "Turn on fast startup" does the job, even after a Windows update the computer starts with the "EasyBCD menu". Thanks!

Back