Windows 7 64 bitdisk error

Hello All, has anyone had any experience with this?
Back Story: I was having a problem with my DVD working and went into the registry and deleted to wrong files (upper limits/lower limits). so I re-booted the machine and it flashed the BSOD for a microsecond. and went into reboot mode. choices: normal boot or file recovery boot. Either way it just kept re-booting.
After finding this website. I downloaded the BCD and the Windows 7 64 recovery disk .iso followed the directions and to no avail. It comes up with Disk error.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. It's a Dell Inspiron N7010

:rage:

Windows 7 64 bit error

I didn't want to use the CD/DVD as it didn't work previously on my computer so I went with the USB route.
The USB has on it: An NST file, an ANG0 and ANG1 file, and the "Windows_7_64-bit_Recovery_Disc.iso file. And yes, I'm dumb. That's how I got myself into this mess in the first place.
:??

Addendum:

Can I try to re-install the software on the thumb drive? Or does it only have so many uses?

Addendum:

OK, re-installed the software. got the computer to boot and I am currently checking for viruses. What's the next step?If there is a step by step solution to repair my computer please send/PM me the link. This has been stressful.

Addendum:

Ok, finally, I had to go nuclear on this thing. Now I get this message: Windows failed to start. a recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3. Click "Repair your computer".
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

As always......any help would be appreciated.

Addendum:

Ok, next on the saga of the Tumbling Toddler. I finally got windows to boot up. after running through the recovery disc numerous times. Now what? Make up another recovery disc from the computer's software? Let me know.

Addendum:

Ok, more information. I am currently sending this from my affected laptop. But, unfortunately, I can only get the machine to boot semi-normally from the USB thumbdrive. Any thoghts?

Addendum:

I'm afraid to turn the computer off.

Addendum:

anyone? 90 something looks and no informed opinions?

Last edited:
Hi, The problem is that every time I boot up with the bios configured with the USB first and then to the Hard drive, I get a message to re-insert my installation disk go into windows and do a repair. It gives me a file: /boot/ bcd/

Addendum:

Now I did it with the hard drive first and the same message came up.

Last edited:
Back