Windows 7 BCD 0xc000000f issue

kvyelton

Hello. I have a Toshiba Satellite that I purchased second hand last fall with no recovery disks. The laptop was running great. I was watching a DVD and closed it down. The following morning I was unable to boot up Windows 7 and instead received message from Windows Boot Manager stating status was 0xc000000f an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data. It states also that to fix the problem I insert the windows installation disc and restart computer, choose language setting and then click next, click repair computer. I did place the Windows 7 CDs in but it would not allow me to re-install as that is what I thought was wrong. I now know it is the boot up not Windows 7 itself. I am now lost on what to do next or how to fix this problem. I do not have the funds to send it off for repair and need this laptop for college use. Any help that can be given to help me try and self-repair this on my own would be greatly appreciated. I am able to get into Boot menu using f12 and then into BIOS setup, but I am unable to find anything there that would help correct the issue. Thanks for your help in advance.

What Windows 7 CDs are you referring to ?
If you have a W7 repair disc (created from Control Panel > Backup & Restore > Create repair disc), it's not the "install" button you need (that won't do anything in the absence of any installation files on the CD), but the "Repair your Computer" link (bottom left)

Back