Windows 7 boot problem

kotoa

Hello, I have two hard drives, one with windows xp, and one which I installed windows 7 on.

I installed windows 7 by mounting it in windows xp. It worked fine, but I had to take my C drive out, and windows 7 wouldn't boot on its own.

I put the C drive back in, booted in windows 7, installed EasyBCD and told it where to boot from etc, but after taking the C drive out again, it just comes up with an error about the /boot/BCD

Any way to fix it?

JustinW

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep the other drive attached. If you want it to boot on its own disconnect the other drive, make sure W7's partition (or a small "System Reserved" partition) on W7's disk is "Active" and than perform startup repair from W7 DVD.

kotoa

Is there any way to do startup repair without the DvD? I have no spare dvd's, which is the reason I installed it by mounting. Also now when I try and boot xp up it says something about a /ntldr folder or file (win7 boot style screen)

Addendum:

Sorry about the double post, but when I click "select BCD store" and point to any BCD file it comes up with the following error:

"The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format."

Edit Ah no double post. ^^

Last edited: