Windows 7 BSOD on Startup

tehh4ck3r

Hi. I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 (Service Pack 1). This problem started after I attempted to sleep my computer; but it shut down instaed. Every time I attempted afterwards to boot into Windows, my computer has a BSOD immediatley (2-3 seconds) after the "Starting Windows" animation ends. The bluescreen error is "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" and Stop: 0x0000006B. I ran startup repair and it says I cannot repair the computer automatically and it asks to send more details to Microsoft. The details it shows are as follows: ProblemEventName: StartupRepairOffline ProblemSignature 01: 6.1.7600.16385 ProblemSignature 02: 6.1.7600.16385 ProblemSignature 03: unknown ProblemSignature 04: 21200800 ProblemSignature 05: ExternalMedia ProblemSignature 06: 2 ProblemSignature 07: 0x6b OSVersion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 LocaleID: 1033 Afterwards, clicking "View Diagnostic and Repair Details" tells me that it found 1 root cause: "Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 6b. Paramters = 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0." Then it says: "Repair action: System files integrity check and repair Result: Failed. Error code = 0x490 Time taken = 949063 ms" I can then proceed to the advanced option menus where I can use the command line. Using the Startup Repair again tells me the problem was fixed but when I reboot I get the exact same BSOD message. Using the command prompt to run chkdsk didn't do anything. However using the command prompt led me to find out that Windows had flipped the drive letters of my partitions: the Local Disk (formerly C:smile: where all Windows files are installed had been changed to D: and the Data Disk (formerly D:smile: where all my data is kept was changed to C:. I then used bootrec from the command prompt, which overwrote GRUB (which is what i had been using as a bootloader) and fixed the drive letter issue. However the bluescreen still persisted. When I try to run sfc /scannow it says there is a repair pending that requires a reboot, however rebooting does not let me use sfc. Even when this error was present, I was able to boot into Ubuntu from my HDD before I rewrote the MBR. I have followed the instructions in this article: "STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and delted the Bootcat.cache file; however that has not changed anything. I've installed Windows 8 as a temporary solution to get into my filesystem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back