Windows 7 missing srvcli.dll

My computer was running fine and then one day we turned it on and it said that "This copy of Windows is not genuine" and says that srvcli.dll is missing. I have no Windows installation discs or any recovery discs because the place I bought it from is shady. They told me that I basically can't do anything about it. To fix this issue, I've been told that I have to spend $109 at Microsoft to get a new product key and a recovery disc.
Trying to save myself money, I've been searching the web and found systemdiscs.com so I'm wondering, can I use the recovery discs to get the srvcli.dll?

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member
No. It's just for fixing broken boot files.

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
As Terry said, no. That file is specific to the serial key and activation. There is no legal way to get it other than the way suggested. Purchase a copy of Windows.

You should have a backup copy of all Windows dll's in the side-by-side folder, WinSxS. Copy it to your system32 folder with a boot CD.

(On an x86 system: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-smbserver-netapi_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_42addd28aecda4c6\srvcli.dll)

Last edited: