Windows boot menu broken after restoring

rolle880

Hello I wonder over this windows start manager that doesn`t have the modern standard start appearence with blue background and two start posts fields and high above and the headline the writing says " chooce an operating systeme to start" So this is about controlling the two different windows systemes so that you can enter both of them without having just one hard drive insert at ones. Now instead it has a black background that is mostly used for safe mode researching that handle windows management when the computer turns off suddenly without notice.

So this happened when I restored the bios setting by putting the battery in the motherboard in and out of its position. And I was doing this while the two hard drives were pluged in the mother board. So maybe it effected the hard drives and ruined data in windows. So how could I restore this to get the ordinary look of the post choice back again.

So this window should have the Easybcd look of a logo type with a picture of a windows screen on the side.

Attachments

• 846b8b40-4a56-49d8-8fb3-c1f4f47092ea.jpg
    846b8b40-4a56-49d8-8fb3-c1f4f47092ea.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
That doesnt work. The program is probably in need for an more intensive repair. I dont know what has actually happened to this program but it is an old fashioned screen mode from earlier generation of windows I think. But I guess it is not supposed to look like this.

Thats the normal non-GUI menu used by bootmgr all the way from Vista to now. It became optional (sort of) when W8 introduced Metro GUI (which soon lost that name after a copyright clash)
It's what I use by preference.
It was "sort of" optional as long as the latest OS was default, but when e.g. I used W7 as my default system for years alongside W8/8.1/10. The GUI was replaced with the command line version.
Try changing your default OS to the latest system with the Metro box ticked and see if the GUI returns.

Where do I change the default OS to to the latest system? Because this whole thing occurs to Bios actually. So maybe an option needs to be changed in Bios settings, but you tell me.

Same EasyBCD page as the "Metro" box "Edit Boot Menu"
The list of boot entries comes with a "default" column to tick
Incidentally
should have the Easybcd look of a logo type with a picture of a windows screen on the side
Ther'e no "EasyBCD look" about the boot menu. It's all 100% MS bootmgr, both versions.

There is no default column on the page with the boot menu list.

It is just white color right under the boot menu entries list and below menu choices along with choices of language and choices oghow you want to show the start up boot menu and if you dont want to show the menu.

Make sure that your OS controlling the boot is the default and see if that allows the Metro boot menu to be enabled when you tick that box.

But the default deadline when I right-click on it just shows a list of that I can change from the standard list to the column list and then turn right back to the standard list. So is there any other way to do this or is there something I have missed during changing the default headline. Because this doesnt show any kind of controlling boot setting for windows 10.

Only you know which of your OSs you set up in control of the boot.
All I am saying is "does the tick metro box work when that system is set as default?"
If you can't remember how you set up your system, try making each one default in turn and rebooting.
If one of them restores the GUI boot menu, then that's the controlling system.

My system was set up for two OSs to control the boot. To switch between them. these two are put as the default in that startpost window.
No the metro box is ticked and even though the system is set on the default GUI menu will not appear. I dont think I understand what you mean by what is controlling the system.

One OS's BCD is being used to boot the system, and the other OS is just an entry in the other's BCD.
The first one is controlling the boot.

Yeah but if we get back to the question. How could I change the screen mode back again to the blue screen. This is what it looks like. Or what it should look like with the picture file I attached. Maybe the OS's BCD is used by one of the operating systems below. Or am I wrong. So the one that is controlling the boot is the standard set operating system.

Attachments

• be1048a8-2836-40d2-ab6d-3532e2f89412.jpg
    be1048a8-2836-40d2-ab6d-3532e2f89412.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Rolle880, see my post here on how to setup your blue Metro window. The stop gap must be the timed settings so you see the blue menu and it requires a cold restart twice to do correctly. Getting the Metro login screen back from the black and white default is a serious PITA and I wish that a future version of EasyBCD (2.5?) can make this more pronounced to get it back easier.
I just had the black and white show up before I did this step after tinkering with my system recently with some new hardware I installed. These steps fixed it for sure. I hope your having the same issue I was otherwise its for naught =/
Here:

Last edited:
Back