Windows.Old programs

Lloyd

Hi,
Is there anyway I can transfer the program files and settings from Windows.Old and installed into Windows. I have so many programs I have lost, they are all sitting there but have lost all their activation and serial numbers. Any help wobe so appreciated, I would love to get all my programs back.

Thanks
Lloyd

Hi Lloyd, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

I'm sorry, but that most likely won't work. Some programs that do not store information in the registry can be recovered by simply copying them to "Program Files" in the new installation, but most will fail to run.

Hi,
I was reading the posts about restoring windows.old installation. Is it likely that if I can successfully restore back to xp installation that all programs will still be intact and be able to run as per the happy days before I ventured into Vista. Thanks in advance...

Lloyd

Yeah, that would do the trick indeed :smile:

I was just about to suggest that actually. You can restore XP by following this guide, then perform an upgrade install from XP to Vista and end up with everything intact :smile:

You're might welcome, Lloyd. Do let us know how it goes, and if you need any help, just post back.

Best of luck to you, my friend! :smile:

Back