Windows Server 2019 Metro Bootloader?

Beybarro

Hello,

I recently started using Windows Server 2019 with interface as gaming OS, alongside Windows Vanilla and Manjaro.
Before that I was using one debloated windows vanilla to play, and the 2 others, and had no problem to use the metro bootloader.

Now that I have server, I keep ticking the "use metro bootloader feature" but I keep having the retro black and white bootloader with the 3 choices.
Same goes for using the bcdedit /set {current} and other arguments I can't remember command.
Do you know if there is any way to use it? I feel like the metro bootloader is not part of Server, so that might be the problem.

I agree I could use the Windows Vanilla metro bootloader, but it would make the computer first boot on Vanilla partition, then reboot to Server partition, and while this is kind of what I want, I'll be using Server way more and want to have a quick boot. So rebooting to the right partition would look like an eternity to me lol.

I'm ok with using the retro bootloader if there's no other way around, but I would really like as well to use the Metro one.

You probably don't have fast startup enabled in Server 2019. Recent Windows updates have coupled the metro bootloader and fast startup together quite closely.

Note that using the metro bootloader will require the system to fully boot into a Windows OS, display the boot menu, and then fully reboot into the the target OS if a different OS is selected. I can't recommend using it.

Back