windows still not able to load due to file: WMILIB.SYS missing

IamMorges

I purchased the windows system recovery disc because I restored my vista 32 bit and it gave me a response. Windows not able to load due to File: WMILIB.SYS error code 0xc000000f missing. I used your RECOVERY CD and I used the automated repair, it replied all is okay, eject CD and restart, I did and now it gives me a BLUE SCREEN WINDOWS RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT with the same file missing. What is wrong?

The recovery disks are for repairing a broken boot (stage 2 in the following scenario)

1.After pressing the power button, the PC’s firmware initiates a Power-On Self Test (POST) and loads firmware settings. This pre-boot process ends when a valid system disk is detected.
2.Firmware reads the master boot record (MBR), and then starts Bootmgr.exe. Bootmgr.exe finds and starts the Windows loader (Winload.exe) on the Windows boot partition.
3.Essential drivers required to start the Windows kernel are loaded and the kernel starts to run, loading into memory the system registry hive and additional drivers that are marked as BOOT_START.
4.The kernel passes control to the session manager process (Smss.exe) which initializes the system session, and loads and starts the devices and drivers that are not marked BOOT_START.
5.Winlogon.exe starts, the user logon screen appears, the service control manager starts services, and any Group Policy scripts are run. When the user logs in, Windows creates a session for that user.
6.Explorer.exe starts, the system creates the desktop window manager (DWM) process, which initializes the desktop and displays it.

.sys files are OS drivers which you'll see are located and loaded in steps 3 and 4.
This indicates that your problem is deeper in the OS than just getting the boot manager to work, and means that the OS has become corrupted, either by the restore process, or by whatever problem prompted you to restore in the first place. That would suggest that the backup image you are using is not a good one, or that the restore point you chose does not go back far enough to precede the cause of the problem.

What was your initial problem, and what have you tried to fix it ?

The recovery disks are for repairing a broken boot (stage 2 in the following scenario)

1.After pressing the power button, the PC’s firmware initiates a Power-On Self Test (POST) and loads firmware settings. This pre-boot process ends when a valid system disk is detected.
2.Firmware reads the master boot record (MBR), and then starts Bootmgr.exe. Bootmgr.exe finds and starts the Windows loader (Winload.exe) on the Windows boot partition.
3.Essential drivers required to start the Windows kernel are loaded and the kernel starts to run, loading into memory the system registry hive and additional drivers that are marked as BOOT_START.
4.The kernel passes control to the session manager process (Smss.exe) which initializes the system session, and loads and starts the devices and drivers that are not marked BOOT_START.
5.Winlogon.exe starts, the user logon screen appears, the service control manager starts services, and any Group Policy scripts are run. When the user logs in, Windows creates a session for that user.
6.Explorer.exe starts, the system creates the desktop window manager (DWM) process, which initializes the desktop and displays it.

.sys files are OS drivers which you'll see are located and loaded in steps 3 and 4.
This indicates that your problem is deeper in the OS than just getting the boot manager to work, and means that the OS has become corrupted, either by the restore process, or by whatever problem prompted you to restore in the first place. That would suggest that the backup image you are using is not a good one, or that the restore point you chose does not go back far enough to precede the cause of the problem.

What was your initial problem, and what have you tried to fix it ?

I restored my vista 32 bit because I was not able to go online and some files were not able to load do I did a windows complete PC restore with the SONY VAIO RECOVERY DISCS but it did not restore completely. Then there was no OS found So I then loaded a backup I had on a disc and it restored it, apparently but it reads Recovered Windows Vista. So now I'm stuck with File: WMILIB.SYS Error Code: 0xc000000f missing or corrupt, that is why windows cannot load.

You need to sort out with Sony why their recovery discs are not working as intended.
Your problem is too fundamental to be fixed by just getting the boot manager working.
If the problem is that you are not using the discs correctly, they'll be able to advise. If they are flawed in some way they should be able to provide replacements.

Back