Windows To Go Support?

I have a windows to go hard drive and want to know if it every possible for support to be added for windows to go would be really cool cause have basically a hard drive with everything you could possibly ever need

When you try to start up EasyBCD it crashes and I would like to be able to add Linux to the menu I haven't tried installing Ubuntu or anything to the drive yet to see if it messes up the way that windows to go boots tho

Last edited:
See, that would have been useful information to post :smile:

EasyBCD should never crash - even in "unsupported" configurations it should gracefully error out.

Can you post a backup of your BCD file in a zip archive here as an attachment?

Hello,

This appears to be a damaged or invalid BCD file.

You can verify this for yourself, simply open up an elevated command line and type in "bcdedit /enum" - it simply hangs.

Addendum

This may be an error on my part. It seems my dev machine is misbehaving, I'll have to get back to you on this.

I have an update for you as well seems that when the windows to go drive is using a sata port it works fine but if you have it booted though a usb port it just plain out crashes
i have mine installed on a sata hard drive and i have a sata to usb case when its in the case it crases when i have it in the computer it works perfectly fine so im not sure if you could get it working correctly when using usb

I'll need the output as shown from a crashing/USB environment of "bcdedit.exe /enum all" please. (post it either in [ c o d e ] tags here or upload as text file attachment).

Back