Windows unable to boot was dual booting W7 and W10

mercman91

First off I want to say that FreeBCD is amazing software with a user friendly interface does everything I need it to do.

I had Windows 7 and Windows 10 dual booting from my PC. I had FreeBCD opened up was going to make some changes went to the bathroom and came back and my girlfriend has Seriously messed something up.

I am unable to boot from either Windows and now the Windows Boot Manager for some reason has 6 different Windows to boot from which are just called Windows. Was lucky enough that I had just got a new 128 SSD so I reinstalled Windows 7 onto that hoping to change whatever happened. Well I have no clue what I am looking for or would I even if I found it so I left everything the same and just came here. I am trying to just remove the setting and or bootloaders that FreeBSD has created since I can view all of my files from the new installed W7. I have over 40 games installed on the Windows 7 that I am trying to boot back up.
Am not worried about the 10 since it is on a separate HDD and was only used for browsing to decide if I wanted to keep it.

Question 1: Am I able to uninstall a program on another harddrive.
Question 2: If I am not can I delete the bootloaders FreeBSD created and then just reinstall after I get fixed (after creating an administrator password that is.

Or am I just stuck?

Recovering the Windows Bootloader I did find this guide/tutorial which was very useful but I am not able to pick which drive since the copy I want to fix is on another hard drive in the same PC.

Also am not able I do the repair it doesn't show up with any errors just doesn't confirm anything has been done not sure if this is correct.

Firstly I assume you are talking about EasyBCD?
EasyBCD does not install bootloaders, it adds/modifies/deletes entries in the BCD, which is the system repository for boot information (since Vista).
If you have created multiple redundant BCD entries, you don't need to recover the bootloader or do anything drastic, you can just delete any entries which are superfluous.
If you don't know which one is the one you want to keep, just try booting them all and see which entry(s) work.
You can use "edit boot menu" to rename any entry so that you can tell them apart.
Don't go deleting stuff without making sure that you've identified the/a correct entry which is capable of successfully booting the system, and identifying it uniquely so that you don't remove your only way back into the system.

Back