Windows Vista 32-Bit Recovery Disc help!

fokes123

ok so i bought the Windows Vista 32-Bit Recovery Disc but i dont know how to use it!! i burned it using imgburn and when i pop it in my laptop, nothing pops up and it still says this error mesage "[FONT='Lucida Grande', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]\Windows\system32\winload.exe "The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt"" I REALLY NEED HELP. I NEED MY LAPTOP AND MY FILES BACK. SO PLEASE IF ANY1 KNOWS HOW TO USE IT OR FIX MY PROBLEM I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. MY EMAIL IS carlosridehonda@yahoo.com
plus i dont think i burned the file correctly so if any1 can teach me how to please let me know.
[/FONT]

The file you downloaded from SsytemDisk is in ISO format. You dont have to do anything but burn the image using the instructions posted by Guru. Once you do you insert the disk into the tray, restart the machine and you should see the option come up:

Press any key to boot from CD

It will then count up to 5 using periods. If you do not see this option then most likely your system BIOS is not set to boot from CD before the hard drive and you have to go into your BIOS and set the optical drive before the hard drive for this to work properly.

Then your system issues are far greater than a boot problem. Your whole entire system is corrupted and you need to reinstall Windows.

Before you go wiping your drive and reinstalling Windows, have a PC professional remove the hard drive from your laptop to try to back up your critical data (that is, files) to a DVD, CD-ROM or flash drive. This may work unless your drive is encrypted, or the drive has suffered hardware failure. If there is not hardware failure or encryption, the data still could be corrupt unfortunately. However, if you are lucky, it is just Windows that is corrupt.

Addendum:

Before you go wiping your drive and reinstalling Windows, have a PC professional remove the hard drive from your laptop to try to back up your critical data (that is, files) to a DVD, CD-ROM or flash drive. This may work unless your drive is encrypted, or the drive has suffered hardware failure. If there is not hardware failure or encryption, the data still could be corrupt unfortunately. However, if you are lucky, it is just Windows that is corrupt. Have your RAM checked also, bad RAM can cause files to appear corrupt as they are loaded if it is severe enough.

Last edited:
Why have a professional do it when all it takes is a Ubuntu CD or any Linux LiveCD to backup all data first? boot from the CD, mount the drive, copy critical files to external drive or any other media. It doesnt make sense to pay a professional to do something that anyone can do with 5 minutes of work and saves a lot of money.

Plus it would tell them easily if there was a hard drive failure if they couldnt get the data themselves. :wink:

Why have a professional do it when all it takes is a Ubuntu CD or any Linux LiveCD to backup all data first? boot from the CD, mount the drive, copy critical files to external drive or any other media. It doesnt make sense to pay a professional to do something that anyone can do with 5 minutes of work and saves a lot of money.

Plus it would tell them easily if there was a hard drive failure if they couldnt get the data themselves. :wink:

Refer to first post. :wink:

But yes, quite correct.

I suppose my reasoning is, if the data is really really important to them, and they can't figure it out, and/or don't want to screw it up, they might want/need help.

But, yes, it can be done for free with a Linux Live CD, certainly.

Why have him reinstall Windows instead of first trying to get his data back like you said? :??

Last edited:
Back