Windows Vista 64xbit Recovery Disc Help!

I need some help, it does boot up but if I click install windows, and without the key, it goes like this "E:\Sources\Install.wim. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code 0×80070002".

And if I click repair your system or whatever, there's like no systems that work or something. :S

Sorry I forgot about what happens in repair your system... :frowning:

I did do burn and do everything correctly, I followed the instructions on a few pages.

The Recovery Disks provided do not contain any install files. They are used for only the repair aspect.

Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

The first picture shows the Repair your PC link in the lower left corner. From there it goes to the second picture.

If you need to do a full reinstall then the Recovery Disks are not going to help. You will need to post the make and model of your PC for us to be of any assistance.

After re-reading your posts when you click the Repair option it doesnt give you what is shown in the 2nd screen? Or is it that when you click on those options nothing happens?

Hmm, the image in step two, I got to there once, but I had to add a "driver" first, but now I forgot what i loaded in order to get there. Any help?!?

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out.

EDIT 2:
Hmmm, I need to do step 3, BUT, the program I have doesn't have " bootsect.exe"

Where Could I get it?

EDIT 3: What happens if I have my Windows Key, will I be able to re-install all of it?

Last edited:
The instructions tell you where to get bootsect.
As Mak said, there are no installation files on the CD
Doesn't matter whether you have a key or not.
If you can't see an OS to fix, try disconnecting all other HDDs first.
If it still doesn't show, click "next" anyway. Don't go on to the "load drivers" page.
That will sometimes complete the 1st phase of the repair, and the OS magically reappears.
Then do "startup repair" 2 more times. (Several things might need fixing. It only does one per pass)
If you eventually have to reinstall, you might qualify for a free copy of Vista from MS

Last edited:
Back