Windows Vista Problems *** Need help

Meaty

History of my lap top: Sony Viao - (Did not make CD pack when i purchased it)
1 yr ago -- hard drive died
New hard drive with vista install
DO not have Windows installation disks or recovery disk.

2 days ago system got harsh and then locked up so i did a hard boot.... Turned system on and now i get the following message.

Windows Boot Manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To Fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings, and then click "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File:\Windows\system32\config\system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.

So I downloaded Windows Vista Recovery Disc 32-Bit (x86) Edition and started my system back up it looked like it was going to work then it stopped after showing Windows logo and it was loading. I do not know it thats the correct boot disk i needed.

I need help.

Last edited:
Maybe you try to first to clean your Memory Chip.

For to do that, you'll need to open the Memory compartment, take out the Memory and use a Pencil Rubber for to clean the contact feet's of the memory chips/banks.

If your Laptop supports booting from USB/Flash Drive, you may create a bootable USB Drive and try to start from there. I posted an a other forum how to create a bootable USB Stick for Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2008 which you can find HERE.

You can also google to other procedures to create USB bootable drives for DOS and ther OS's.

Try using System Restore from the nesomart recovery disk.
You'll need to boot from it though (by putting the CD/DVD drive as first device in the boot sequence of the BIOS).

Back