windows vista recovery discs

spideral

i have a toshiba A200 satelite psaeoc-ah608c , i run the rec.disc that i create when i first bougth the laptop and i got the following: ERROR :10-FC06-0002 PRESS OK TO SHUT DOWN.
after i pressed ok and restart the computer i got a black screen ' BOOT MGR IS MISSING"
and doesen`t go from there. i download the recovery vista bootloader i run it but doesen`t work. any ideas? thanks.

Hi,

How do you "run it" - you boot it from the dvd drive?

You should see Windows loading files - select language and keyboard - Next - on the screen that says "Install Now" DON'T CLICK THAT - at the bottom it says "Repair My Computer" - click that - and then what happens?

What happens next - what do you mean by "it doesn't work".

Last edited:
Hi, says windows can not repair.
another thing , i don`t know how do i get there,but i check my drive C and is empty. i supose the recovery process erase everything.

Quite possible the first thing it did is delete the partition .

How did you check the C drive?

If you boot the free Partition Wizard bootable cd - you may be able to undelete it.

Partition Wizard Bootable CD allows user to boot computer directly to manage partition.

Download the .iso - burn to cd as an image as you did with the Vista recovery cd.

Boot the PW cd. When it asks to select screen resolution, make sure the keyboard NUM LOCK is on, type 1 then press Enter.

You can click on DIsk1 at the top of the screen , and select Partition Recovery in the Left Pane.

A Quick scan will do.

Tick ALL the partitions you want keep - and remember to click Apply.

Computer guru i already did that and didn`t worked , when i go to the command promp solution what drive should replace the x drive C "hard drive " or drive D "disc drive" ? I already try C and D and nothing worked.

Addendum:

SIW2, when i choose the lost/deleted partition and click finish, a message ask: one of the partitions will be deleted , are you sure you whant to continue?
and i`m not sure what to do....
can you help me?
thanks.

Last edited:
@SIW2: I don't think it deleted the partition, as he just said his C: partition is empty. It may have wiped it, but it didn't delete it. If it deleted it, there would be no C: partition. It would be only free space (or "unallocated space" as some things call it).

Assistance with VISTA recovery cd required

I have an HP pavilion A1700n and I have corrupted system files, that I would like to repair. However, when I load the repari cd (that I downloaded from this site) I get the message to load disk drivers. Where would I find these?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Wayne, welcome to NST.
You can't use our recovery disk to fix a corrupted OS. It contains no Installation files.
It's for allowing access to an OEM recovery partition that has become unbootable, if the OEM didn't provide alternative bootable media.
If it's just the boot process you're trying to fix and you can't see Vista,
a) 1st disconnect any other HDDs before booting the CD (sometimes the repair has problems locating the system to fix when multiple HDDs are connected (especially if they're a mix of IDE and SATA)
b) If a) doesn't apply, click "next" on the blank "select your system" screen anyway.
Sometimes this will complete phase 1 of a boot repair, and Vista will magically reappear for phases 2 and 3 (you need to run "startup repair" 3 times normally to fix all aspects of a broken boot)
c) If b) doesn't work, try "command prompt" instead of "startup repair" and run chkdsk /f (or /r) against your OS partition, then try startup repair again.

I'm having the same problem on COMPAQ. error is : BOOTMGR is missing. I tried to to startup repair and it shows no OS to select to fix. then i used command prompt option. I changed drive from X: to c: and it worked... but when i did DIR it only shows to directorys TEMP and WINDOWS. I tried to fix with command prompts BOOTREC and it still don't work. i tried SYSTEM RESTORE but it also don't work. I have created the recovery CD and trying to boot from it and fix it but nothing is working.

Will you please let me know if i'm missing something here. I do not want to lost any data. It's the error BOOTMGR killing me. D drive is RECOVERY.... so i think i've not deleted any partition. Please guide me how to solve this issue. I do not have any other HDD on this computer.

Computer guru i already did that and didn`t worked , when i go to the command promp solution what drive should replace the x drive C "hard drive " or drive D "disc drive" ? I already try C and D and nothing worked.

Addendum:

SIW2, when i choose the lost/deleted partition and click finish, a message ask: one of the partitions will be deleted , are you sure you whant to continue?
and i`m not sure what to do....
can you help me?
thanks.

Hi Spideral,

You need to tick ALL the partitions you wish to keep, including the existing one(s) and the one you are undeleting.

Then click Apply.

Don't worry, you can run it again - it will pick up the deleted ones again.

Maximum of 4.

Hope it helps

Addendum:

Hi phantom,

What does Diskpart reveal?

Boot to the cmd prompt, type:

Diskpart

sel disk 0

detail disk

(make a note of all the info)

exi

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
does this will resolve the "BOOTMGR" issue or i need to post back details to know what i should do after providing the details of disk 0 in this post?

I'm having the same problem on COMPAQ. error is : BOOTMGR is missing. I tried to to startup repair and it shows no OS to select to fix. then i used command prompt option. I changed drive from X: to c: and it worked... but when i did DIR it only shows to directorys TEMP and WINDOWS. I tried to fix with command prompts BOOTREC and it still don't work. i tried SYSTEM RESTORE but it also don't work. I have created the recovery CD and trying to boot from it and fix it but nothing is working.

Will you please let me know if i'm missing something here. I do not want to lost any data. It's the error BOOTMGR killing me. D drive is RECOVERY.... so i think i've not deleted any partition. Please guide me how to solve this issue. I do not have any other HDD on this computer.
You didn't change the "active" flag to another partition, did you?
DIR indicates that not only are you missing the bootmgr, but also the "boot" folder which contains the BCD. Hopefully both are still somewhere on your HDD, on another partition, in which case you will only need to switch "active" status back to that partition, and boot.

Use:
Code:
diskpart
select disk 0
list volume
select volume x
active
from the Command Prompt, where "x" is replaced with the correct volume number of the partition that contains <BOOT> (the "list volume" command will show this).

Back