Windows Vista Recovery Disk 32 bit Edition

WilliG56

Help!! I have an HP Compaq Presario F750US Notebook. It came with VISTA Home Premium installed. Of course there was no VISTA disk included. I cannot boot the computer and the only Option HP has given me is to use their recovery partition which will wipe out everything on the harddisk. I would like to avoid this. NeoSmart's VISTA Recovery Disk has take me to the point where I have to Add Drivers (as it did not list the operating system to choose from). I hit Next and am now looking at a directory called 'sources'. There are many sub-directorys below, with options, also, to go else where. What do I do from here? Any thoughts?
Thank you.

The Recovery Disk can NOT be used for install. It is only a means to recover from boot failure and use a Restore point. You need to get the media from HP as it sounds as if you are trying to reinstall.

Thanks for your quick response. My intent is not to reinstall VISTA. The computer crashed and now I cannot get past the boot (Compaq) screen with the various 'F' key options below. I have seen the following errors: Disk error -- press any key to restart and System error. That's as far as I've been able to go. HP support suggests that my only option is to use their recovery partition and put the computer back into it's 'out-of-the-box' condition. That might be fine, but I was hoping to fix the problem and not wipe out everything on my hard drive. Any thoughts?

Is there a way to integrate 3rd party mass storage drivers into the Windows Recovery Environment?
My systems use AMD AHCI drivers and it would be nice not to have to do the F6 load drivers from another source.

I've tried a bunch of different processes to try to do this. I can get to a PE environment command prompt that can see my raid drives but I'm not able to boot to the graphical recovery console.

Thanks

There are, but you'll need to use the WAIK to pull it off. Not the easiest thing in the world.

Back