Windows will not boot from recovery disc just purchased.

zteam26

I have a Dell Inspiron N4010 laptop that will not boot using Windows 7. I just want to get back to the original factory settings. I tried booting in safe mode as well as other options i found searching around and that did not work either. I bought the Windows 7 recovery disc, downloaded it to another PC. Downloaded the ISO burner and created a DVD. Placed it in the laptop and restarted hoping to boot from the DVD drive. I used F12 as well and chose the option to use the drive. At first it appears to be reading the drive but nothing really happens. It eventually displays the windows recovery error screen with the options Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally. Either choice - nothing works. Not sure why the recovery disc is not working. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!​

A few different things to check:

1) Is the CD burned right? When you insert it into another PC, you should be able to see a few files (including a Welcome.exe) on the CD when you open it in My Computer.
2) Did you use the right medium? You probably should have burned this onto a CD-R (instead of DVD-R). If that doesn't work, try using a DVD-R instead.
3) Is the laptop configured to boot from the CD? This is typically done by pressing a key when you first turn your PC on to select the boot device, or else entering the BIOS and configuring it from there.

Back