Windows won't Boot

JefBow

Hello I am here today because my laptop, a Sony Vaio Model VPCEE31FX, a little over a year old will not boot. It is running a vision AMD processor and ATI graphics on Windows 7. When I turn it on I get a windows error recovery screen saying windows failed to start. Startup repair says there is one root cause but it can not determine the reason.

I have tried to restore to an earlier version but it will not as it says an unspecified error occured during system restore. (0x80071a91). I booted with command prompt and it loads up until \windows\system32\drivers\atipcie.sys and then it stops.

Please help. Any possibilities would be greatly appreciated.

I do not have a dvd or cd for it. Someone on another forum told me to hit f10 on start up to get to another menu. It allows me to remove all my important files and then reinstall windiws from the partition that Sony puts on with the restore.

I do not have a dvd or cd for it. Someone on another forum told me to hit f10 on start up to get to another menu. It allows me to remove all my important files and then reinstall windiws from the partition that Sony puts on with the restore.

If you dont have the CD, you could buy one from us to do this. If not then it looks like your stuck restoring it to factory settings cause there is no other way to fix the boot issue you are having.

Back