Windows XPx64/Windows 7 x64 Issue

B

BaileysShoe

I tried to do a search, and I came upon some similar issues but none that answered my question (as far as I know).

Here's my situation: I have XP installed in my old hard drive and I recently bought a new harddrive to install Windows 7 on. The install went great and I'm using Win7 atm; however, I can't dual boot XP and Win 7, I have to go into bios and choose the harddrive. (I know, by now you're thinking "you should have searched harder!" but wait, there's more) So I went into disk management and saw that my new hdd has 2 partitions, one is the "system" flagged one and it's 200mb and it had no name, so I gave it a letter (B:smile: and I copied over my XP boot files over to it, but in EasyBCD the drop down option is there for it, but when I click "save" it goes right back to C:.

Any and all help is appreciated, and if clarification needs to be made, just say so :smile:

Thank you

Hi BaileysShoe. Welcome to NST.
You need to go to "Change Settings" in EasyBCD to change it to the correct drive letter.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Coolname007

Thanks for the welcome

That's what I meant in my post. I go to "change settings" and select the B: drive but when I click save, it goes back to C:

Thanks for the welcome

That's what I meant in my post. I go to "change settings" and select the B: drive but when I click save, it goes back to C:

hmm...strange. :wtf: Maybe a bug in EasyBCD? Probably Computer Guru (the creator of the software) will have an answer when he reads this thread. Unfortunately, I guess you'll have to wait until then. :wink:

-Coolname007

Back