Worpress and... another Wordpress

Sarge

Okay, I had 1 Wordpress blog, and I installed another, but forgot to change "wp_" to something else for the second cause its the same database. >.<

So now 1st blog looks like a mix of 1st and new one, now, I deleted a new one, and my old one looks mixed still. I think data base has been mixed up, but I don't know what to do about it. I care about this blog (1st one).

Any hope for getting it back as it used to be? :glare:

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Will have to use a phpmyadmin i believe and edit the SQL entries to remove the new stuff. I think that is what has to be done.

Sarge

Do you know how to do it exactly, Mak?

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Sadly no. I have never hacked SQL like that. Nto really hacked but had to modify it. Maybe Guru knows.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
If it were just a matter of sorting the diferent data, it would be salvageable,... but you've also overriden the post mappings and other configurations... don't you have a backup of the old database?

Sarge

Shoot me Guru! I want to be dead! I don't have a backup! :x:x:x

I went to phpmyadmin and clicked "wp_posts" and I deleted headlines that were published on a new blog. And now I get famous 404 ERROR when I open the old blog URL. :shame:

Edit:

I just checked, now I get new blog headline.. and old blog categories are visible. If you click anything it'll take you to nowhere.
Here, take a look.

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Go to wp-admin on both wp installs, and make sure the site URI field is set to the old one.

Sarge

wp-admin.css or wp-admin folder or in phpmyadmin wp admin entry?

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
I mean the WP Admin Dashboard.

Sarge

Oh... well.. New blog is deleted along with its files. And old blog url is domain.com/blog and dashboard to any wordpress should be: blog/wp-admin.php

And when you try loading that on my blog, you get 404 Error message.

Is that what you meant or...? :lup:

Sarge

*cough* *cough* :tongueout: