XP and Vista dual boot problem

sajangnim

Hello to all esp. to comp guru.
I guess my problem is similar to others that i read but i can't solve the error.
i installed vista first then xp in different partition. but when i restarted only vista opens. so search the net for solution. unfortunately it first came up with vistabootpro. so after some tweaking my pc wont boot to any OS. it says windows failed to start. repair with installation disc
File: \windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: the selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt. :dead:

anyway i can boot now by inserting the XP installation disc. but i need help fixing this. i attached what easyBCD says in view setting. thanks a lot!

Hi sajangnim, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Don't worry, we have tons of experience with victims of VistaBootPRO's PC-breaking behavior: you've come to the right place.

Try this: now that you are in Windows (Vista? XP?) run EasyBCD
Delete the old entries - all of them
Delete the "boot" folder from your hard drive. It should be on the Vista drive..

Go to the Diagnostics screen -> Recreate BCD Files
Select the Vista drive at both prompts (using the drive letter that XP sees Vista as being).
Let it finish.

You should now have a Vista entry that works fine - go ahead and test it.
Once you've got that out of the way, you need to add XP now.

Add/Remove Entries -> Windows XP.
Assuming your boot.ini file is correctly configured and is on the Vista drive as well (along with ntdetect and ntldr), XP should now also boot.

Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

Back