Xp Drive option is greyed out - Driving me insane

MrZucchiniHead

i had a successful dual boot on one 250gb hard drive a coupe of months ago, and everything worked fine.

then i bought a 500gb hard drive and moved the xp installation to that with paragon partition manager, and had to fix the booting of xp with ths download on this page (Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash)

it worked fine, but now i want to do a fresh install of xp on the 500gb drive, so i do it and follow the steps i took last time, repaired the vista boot loader with the installation disc, etc, etc. but no when i go to configure the dual boot with EasyBCD, when i select the Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3 option, it greys out the drive selection option. i even downloaded v1.6, and even though the drive option is grayed out, when i click add entry, i just get an error, ot it will say at the bottom "Windows Xp on Drive C:\ has been successfully added", even though i selected drive letter D.

i've got no idea what to do from here, and it's driving me insane, i guess if i really have to reformatting and re-installing vista would be an option, but i don't really want to do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Back