XP not displayed

gswiss

I am using 1.7.1. After installing XP, I noticed that Vista was primary and active while XP was in a logical partition.

Under XP, EasyBCD could not view XP when I used the View Settings or Add/Remove entries. I tried the repair functions with the Vista DVD, but that didn't change anything either. So I used Write MBR to reinstall the Vista Bootloader.

Through Vista, EasyBCD showed same result. I then switched XP's partition to primary. No change. A bit odd.

Thanks, it worked. However, XP boots up to the display of the desktop (where I can see my icons) for 1-2 seconds and then immediately switches to the Vista boot. Just before the Vista boot, I can spot for a split second a small blue screen in the upper left corner similar to the BSOD.

Addendum:

I think I found the answer in your documentation. I will have to run the xp repair/install procedure.

Last edited:
After the repair/install, I still had the same situation. Things were straightened out when I booted into xp Safe Mode successfully, did nothing there but reboot normally. That's it.
I have no idea what happened.

Thank you for your cooperation.

After the repair/install, I still had the same situation. Things were straightened out when I booted into xp Safe Mode successfully, did nothing there but reboot normally. That's it.
I have no idea what happened.

Thank you for your cooperation.
A repair install of Windows XP will remove the Vista bootloader - you'll have to put it back with EasyBCD.

Back