xp pro drivers

Richard Thorn

i have a hp p7-1125 with windows 7 loaded. installed second sata hdd. loaded xp pro from iso disk with sata drivers that were slipstreamed in. Now I need drivers for other devices. where or how do I find them.Hp does not support xp

Thank you
R Thorn

This a 64 bit system

Last edited:
If HP doesnt supply the drivers, then the chances are you will not find them. You can try searching the part manufacturer's site to see if they have XP drivers, but there is no guarantee that you will find any XP drivers at all.

I had to keep XP as a dual boot when I installed Vista over 5 years ago because HP refused to supply Vista Drivers for the Printer and Scanner models I owned.
Their response was "buy new ones with Vista support"
It doesn't surprise me that their attitude is still unhelpful.

The thing is it isnt just HP. I dont know of any manufacturer that has XP Drivers for new systems. Just go take a look at any manufacturer now and you will be hard pressed to find drivers for XP as it was released in 2001, 12 years ago now. It is very difficult for manufacturers to sit there and from a business aspect defend making drivers for such an old OS. I mean it would be difficult to find Vista Drivers now as well. That is even newer but still 2 full OS releases ago. Its not that I am trying to defend their actions, but seriously XP is 12 years old now and to top it off it isnt officially supported by Microsoft anymore. It is in extended support but you still have a hard time trying to get support without paying as much as it would cost to get a new PC for help from Microsoft.

Agree entirely Alex.
I was just pointing out that they wouldn't even provide drivers for the latest red-hot-new OS for a one year old scanner, so fat chance of any help for a 12 year old OS.

Ah ok. Yeah HP does have some of the worst support out there. They dont even have Win8 drivers for Printers that were released days before the OS itself. So I will agree completely on that aspect. :grinning:

Back