XP

aaldert

XP does not work with EasyBCD 2.2 ??

Hello, I have downloaded EasyBCD 2.2 0.182 but it's not working on my Windows XP. Is there an up or downgrade for this EasyBCD version to fix this problem ? Thanks

Last edited:
Whilst EasyBCD can boot XP in a multi-boot scenario it isn't actually compatible with XP alone, there would have to be other operating systems in a multi-boot environment.

Last edited:
Whilst EasyBCD can boot XP in a multi-boot scenario it isn't actually compatible with XP alone, there would have to be other operating systems in a multi-boot environment.

Problem is that XP has damaged my boot file. There was a dual boot option after the loading the Bios. Choise was Ubuntu and XP. I was learning to use Ubunto in stead of XP. Somehow XP has removed the dual boot in the boot.ini file from XP and I can't boot Ubuntu anymore.
I want to fix the dualboot option with this EasyBCD. I was hoping that this program was able to repair the boot file and see the OS from Ubuntu. In the mean time I have changed to an older version from EasyBCD (2.01) and this time the program is working on XP.
Unfortunately EasyBCD can't find any boot file and also no Ubunto partition. I am very carfully to create someting in EasyBCD. I won't lose
XP and Ubunto. Don't know what to do !

EasyBCD simply won't work if you only have XP and Ubuntu. It needs Vista+ on the machine somewhere.

Back