Yes!!

Mak 2.0

Mod...WAFFLES!?!?
Staff member
Well since today is April 1st my MVP award is over as of today. But then i get this email...

Dear Alex,

Congratulations! We are pleased to present you with the 2008 Microsoft® MVP Award! The MVP Award is our way to say thank you for promoting the spirit of community and improving people’s lives and the industry’s success every day. We appreciate your extraordinary efforts in Windows Desktop Experience technical communities during the past year. Microsoft will soon send your MVP Award gift package. It is our way to say “thank you for making a difference." You will receive an e-mail message in the next 10 business days that contains your MVP Award gift package shipping information and your tracking number.

Your MVP Identification (ID) is: 38457
Your one-time passcode for MVP Awards Logon
is: <Snipped>:tongueout:

To start taking advantage of your award benefits, sign in to the MVP Award Web site by using the credentials listed below. Both new and renewing MVPs must specify MSDN or TechNet technical subscription preferences for the next 12 months on the MVP Award Web site.
On behalf of everyone at Microsoft, thank you for your contributions to technical communities.

Sincerely,

Brian B, your MVP Lead

So it looks like i can continue to serve as a local MVP to NeoSmart.

Congrats Mak.
I have a yes too.
My internet got upgraded to 512!!!!
There was only a 20 riyal difference after price cuts(4-5 bucks)
so i was able to persuade my dad to upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW whats MVP and whats so special about it?

what kind of things do you get as a reward?

I get a free subscription to MSDN. Where i can download all Microsoft software right from their servers. I also have access to the Private Newsgroups.

I also get access to stuff earlier than most people. Like the Vista SP1 DVD. I had my copy not long after SP1 went final. Overall it is a great thing to have. I am jsut wondering if i get the same sets of serials i had last year or if i will get a new set of serials and a new MSDN subscription.:S

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

There is all sorts of info at the official site.

I get MSDN here from my Computer Science Major ^_^

i dont get everything though.. like office.. dont get that (lol im an OOO guy myself anyways lol)

I get MSDN here from my Computer Science Major ^_^

i dont get everything though.. like office.. dont get that (lol im an OOO guy myself anyways lol)

I get Full MSDN. Everything from Ofice to Windows to Server to the Expressions Wed and everything in between. I got a serial and download for Windows 98 available. :tongueout:

:lol:

That is if i could even isntall it with my system. I am not sure how 95 would have handled 1TB of storage and 3GB of RAM.

W95 wouldn't even boot on my first upgrade because the mobo had AGP ! So fat chance of it working on your system. (you'd need FAT16 wouldn't you, with 2Gb max partition size, I think it would just go into a swoon when you introduced it to your machine !)

That's what I meant Peter. AGP is old technology now, but it still baffled W95 over 7 years ago.
(In those days Service packs weren't free and my 95 was not upgradable) That's what set me on the road to Vista (via ME and XP). If Vista ends up being quickly superseded by W7, I'll have made the wrong choice of "lemons" (or turkeys depending on your local idiom) twice out of two, though I never had as much problem with ME as most people attribute to it, until the final WUD when it was discontinued, which seemed to cripple it (I've always suspected it was a MS dirty trick to force an upgrade to XP to put out a bum final fix then withdraw support so a clean reinstall became impossible)

:lol:

That is if i could even isntall it with my system. I am not sure how 95 would have handled 1TB of storage and 3GB of RAM.

As Terry says, it wouldn't because of the AGP. However, Windows 95c has FAT32 support, which theoretically has a 2TB limit, but can only create partitions up to 20GB in size in reality (but it can read bigger partitions).

I do recall some info online about making Windows 95 work on new hardware - can't remember where though.

Back