Computer Gaming

COD4 doesnt need that much of a PC. It ran perfectly on mine on highest settings and its also pretty playable on a low FPS.
However, i dont think there is a demo you can try.

Ron!n, your PC isn't very slow, its not weird that you can play it on max details. :wink:

No need for trying demo, if I only take a look at minimum needed.

Required (minimum) Specs
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported
RAM: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 8GB of free space
Video card: NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800 Pro or better

Recommended Specs
CPU: 2.4 GHz dual core or better
RAM: 1G for XP; 2G for Vista
Hard Drive: 8GB of free space
Video card: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better

Lets see...

I have
Athlon 64 3000+
768MB of RAM
GeForce NX6200AX 256MB of RAM, 64-bit

My graphics are not good enough.

Well the game that we were all waiting for got leaked. Not Far Cry 2 but Assassins Creed got leaked a couple months early so i bet Ubisoft is crazy mad

Last edited:
i guess people that want to take it pretend theyre working in a magazine and get pre-release copies to "test."
or the development people leak it maybe.

Leaks are usually from within the company or organization itself, outsiders are usually not the leakers or well idk

I don't know, but it mostly happens with a big company, cause small ones want to make a game, and not money and they probably are more excited making a game but the people who made many games, they go like "what the hell... I don't care, I worked and they'll pay me". Or something like that?

I was always wondering how does a game get leaked, someone in the dev team does it? :tongueout:

The same way movies do:

In order to generate pre-release hype, authors of the game distribute it to various critiques, magazines, and reviewers to hype it up. These include people like IGN, PC Gamer, etc.

They also send it to various people for translation, sound effects, optimizations, etc - each of these is a 3rd party that doesn't care how much or how little money the original creator will make, it's all the same to them.

There's lots of room for a leak, but it usually doesn't happen since coders have higher moral values than video translators :grinning: :tongueout:

Lol no, but I think thats because those young companies/developers have hunger for glory and are making games out of passion, and they are mostly all friends in a team, apart from a big company where you don't even know your work-mate and see your boss once a year :lol:

Lol no, but I think thats because those young companies/developers have hunger for glory and are making games out of passion, and they are mostly all friends in a team, apart from a big company where you don't even know your work-mate and see your boss once a year :lol:
Exactly! In that case, you're only stealing from your own pockets :smile:

i have gotten
Radiant!

YAY!

although i had some issues with the original install of the tools (the complier didnt want to run correctly) i have still been able to use the editor ^_^

idk about you others, but i like Radiant, and im sure there are better level editors out there :tongueout:

ill show off what i have made once i have gotten the tools reinstalled and compile my level ^_^

^ no i dont

so i got my compiling tools working now ^_^

and ive gotten used to making sky boxes

im still working on a working map, so ill have pic's up later today ^_^

^ OKAY!!

lol

im currently compiling the map now ^_^

i have another compilier to run (reflections), i have to then update the Zone file and build the Fast File again ^_^

and then i can play my map ^_^

----

here they are ^_^

(pleas note, im not a designer, and im have very little in this besides geometry. Also note that i cant go into full screen)

First picture - the stairs from the basement to the underground tunnels
2nd picture - the entrance of the complex
3rd picture - the bunker off in the distance
4th picture - in the bunker looking out

Attachments

• basement-tunnel.png
    basement-tunnel.png
    689.6 KB · Views: 2
  • complex entrance.png
    complex entrance.png
    525.2 KB · Views: 1
  • bunker.png