Computer Gaming

well

the editor is addictive geometry, so i make out the geo, the skybox is just another brush ^_^

and you add a very large texture to it and done. ^_^

i nothing think that map is very MP-ish, so ill be making something else.

actually, right now ^_^

^ no

there are tons of preinstalled textures. just about everything used in COD4 (SP and MP) can be used in the editor, if you know where to find it ^_^

my current project is almost done

although i havent been keeping up with pictures, when i get the whole thing done ill take lots ^_^

Thats nice, Donald.

I finished Half Life 2: Episode Two! :grinning:

And I managed to see that Source has been upgraded and modified, on better, I love it :smile:! I love the lighting, its just wow, they fixed a bug seen in Episode One, character's shadows were very bad in EP One, and now they are gorgeous! And as always, Source is optimized to its max. It's not easy to make an engine like this, only ID Software and Valve made so beautiful and optimized engines so far :smile: Excluding Starbreeze, my personal favorite game dev team.

So as a game how do you like it?
I only got past the 2nd level, did you get any new weapons/nice enemies????

Yes, not the weapons, but lots of enemies and environments are amazingly done. Valve still has it! (the passion :tongueout:)

As a game its really great as always, some people say that its too much like a movie but I think its a good thing, more story there is - its a better game for me. It gives a lot space to player, I mean the player is the main character of the game, it does some important things in the game and they "painted" that well.

PS. My dad loves it too :tongueout: well... he loves every part of Half Life...LOL... since 1998 thats his favorite game.

Last edited:
For RTS players here theres this pretty nice sounding game out its called:
Seven Kingdoms: Conquest
The plot is nice. You play as a different civilization every thousand years or so.
So you start with Ancient Egyptians and end in the future :smile:

I'm really surprised that I hated that game - especially because of how many rave reviews it got and how much everyone seems to be impressed by it..... but I couldn't stand it! :x

Oh well... I think I can see your reasons, it happened to me before not to like the game... whole concept, design is not for your taste, maybe.

But I like it, next to good technologies used, because of that movie-like atmosphere and how the story is original and amazing. Plus that I'm a fan of old things. But thats just me. :smile:

It really is a personal choice.
I didnt like it mainly because of the Shader problem, plus its too hard to kill anyone.
You keep missing whenever you try to shoot.

It really is a personal choice.
I didnt like it mainly because of the Shader problem, plus its too hard to kill anyone.
You keep missing whenever you try to shoot.

Well, let me introduce you to one person: Mr. Computer Guru here plays a game on hardest only, because its nicer to him like that, I respect that. :lup:

Well i was playing it on medium but still found it hard, but thats just me.

I found Quake 4 last enemy hard - on easy difficulty, while CG killed it on hardest :happy:
Then I tried playing the whole game on hardest, and I couldn't go trough 3 easiest enemies of the Level 1 :grinning:

IMHO the best game at difficulty-scaling is Halo. Playing it on "Legendary" is a million times more difficult than Easy; it feels like a whole new game.

I played Legendary in Halo, i think i beat it three times or something like that. Once you get the hang of how to play it its semi-difficult (plus i didnt have any other games to play).
Halo 1 has a good difficulty system but Halo 2 is just messed up. The easy and heroic are too easy. And the Legendary is way tooooooooooooo hard. I couldnt get past the first level. :frowning:

Back