Windows Vista Recovery disc Download corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan.stewie

Hi, I have downloaded the Windows Vista Recovery Disc ISO 3 times and every single time, ImgBurner reports that it is an Invalid Image or an Unsupoorted file format. I've tried burning it in roxio but it also reports an error. Why does it keep doing this?

Hi Ryan, welcome to NST.

Did you check the MD5 of the ISO image after downloading it? The correct MD5 hash (and a link to a free tool that can check the MD5 value of the ISO image you downloaded) can be found on the download page.

I already gave it. The attitude is really not necessary. All the info available is on that page.

where is the download page so i can download the crc file to check the ISO file???

Dont download the torrent as no seeds are available just download the ISO, I did the other day and the ISO is fine so just download it and burn and get on with it.

Mak, I think he was referring to the program used to check the MD5 (it's in the comments on that page, but whatever).

For future reference (already replied via PM):
Download MD5 calculator 1.0 - MD5 calculator is a simple application which will calculate the MD5 hash of a given file - Softpedia

Addendum:

Dont download the torrent as no seeds are available just download the ISO, I did the other day and the ISO is fine so just download it and burn and get on with it.

Toaster, I think it might be your internet settings... It's actually very well-seeded, currently there are 131 seeds:
NeoSmart Technologies' Torrent Tracker Service Torrent File Info

Last edited:
I know it was in the comments. That is why i linked to there first. :wink: Just upset that people stop by asking for info, getting it then saying that we basically dont know what we are talking about....

But glad you got it sorted.

Mak, I think he was referring to the program used to check the MD5 (it's in the comments on that page, but whatever).

For future reference (already replied via PM):
Download MD5 calculator 1.0 - MD5 calculator is a simple application which will calculate the MD5 hash of a given file - Softpedia

Addendum:

Toaster, I think it might be your internet settings... It's actually very well-seeded, currently there are 131 seeds:
NeoSmart Technologies' Torrent Tracker Service Torrent File Info

Dont rely on Tracker info as that will always give you bad info just like on Mininova they always have incorrect seeders and leechers, the best way to check for activity is to see the ratio within the torrent client itself.

I dont have this issue with my torrents. Of course i dont use many public torrent sites either.

Mininova isn't an actual tracker itself, it gets its numbers by connecting as a peer to the tracker, and asking for the number of seeds & peers (called scraping). If it's been a while since Mininova has checked a tracker or the tracker is gaming the system, you'll get the wrong info.

That link is to our own actual tracker which users connect directly to when downloading a file, so it does not suffer the same misinformation.

At any rate... µTorrent reports 141 seeds at the moment :smile:

Mininova isn't an actual tracker itself, it gets its numbers by connecting as a peer to the tracker, and asking for the number of seeds & peers (called scraping). If it's been a while since Mininova has checked a tracker or the tracker is gaming the system, you'll get the wrong info.

That link is to our own actual tracker which users connect directly to when downloading a file, so it does not suffer the same misinformation.

At any rate... µTorrent reports 141 seeds at the moment :smile:

I know Mininova isnt a tracker :glare:

But what you have to realise is that tracker info is always wrong and use any torrent program and that will be somewhere near the truth as for your torrent 141, thats incorrect as uTorrent is showing 0 so is a friends, and dont say its some sort of config as it aint.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Proof enough?

Attachments

• Torrent 1.png
    Torrent 1.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Torrent 2.png
    Torrent 2.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 37
I know Mininova isnt a tracker :glare:

But what you have to realise is that tracker info is always wrong and use any torrent program and that will be somewhere near the truth as for your torrent 141, thats incorrect as uTorrent is showing 0 so is a friends, and dont say its some sort of config as it aint.

If the tracker info was ALWAYS wrong they i am sure that they would figure out how to correct it on EVERY site. I mean sites like Demonoid has to be accurate since they have a ratio that is kept up. IF the seeders/peers are reported wrong then you would never have a accurate Ratio.

Plus i can confirm that it shows over 100 seeders. It is YOUR settings that are off. Not ours. As i am downloading this as of right now jsut to test your "theory".

I connected to 20 of 121 seeders right away. So since i am getting the file it has to have seeders...:wink:

If the tracker info was ALWAYS wrong they i am sure that they would figure out how to correct it on EVERY site. I mean sites like Demonoid has to be accurate since they have a ratio that is kept up. IF the seeders/peers are reported wrong then you would never have a accurate Ratio.

Just to let you know Demonoid is shut down :glare::glare::glare::glare:

Plus i can confirm that it shows over 100 seeders. It is YOUR settings that are off. Not ours. As i am downloading this as of right now jsut to test your "theory".

I connected to 20 of 121 seeders right away. So since i am getting the file it has to have seeders...:wink:

:wtf: I connect and get 12 now so I think your just trying to help computer guru out instead of posting facts.

Also dont count the possible seeds, I bet thats what both of you are doing, as you can see actual seeds is 7 from a possible 119, you never count the possible seeds unless your 15 and live in a basement.

Attachments

• neonoob01.jpg
    neonoob01.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 6
  • neonoob02.jpg
    neonoob02.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 4
I think we all know which seeds to look at. I tried it and got 20 seeds in the first 10 seconds. And im pretty sure Mak was only trying to make a point about Demonoid. which is down for now. PLus i would think 12 seeders and 0 leechers would be fine for this file. But its probably something with your settings or u got a different Torrent.

But its probably something with your settings or u got a different Torrent.

Oh Lol, as said in an earlier post that you failed to read, Its nothing to do with any settings.

You will see the amount of seeds go up and down depending who is sharing the file, :angry:

As i seem to see in your attachment Utorrent is yellow maybe that has something to do with it.

Just to let you know Demonoid is shut down :glare::glare::glare::glare:

:wtf: I connect and get 12 now so I think your just trying to help computer guru out instead of posting facts.

Also dont count the possible seeds, I bet thats what both of you are doing, as you can see actual seeds is 7 from a possible 119, you never count the possible seeds unless your 15 and live in a basement.

Toaster, your client is connecting to the tracker OK and all, but the peers don't seem to be able to connect to you (or vice-versa). Like we said/showed, we're able to connect to the peers just fine. And as Ron!n pointed out, it might be a good idea to check that open port problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back