Question about triple boot

bk1987

I have a triple boot with Xp vista and windows 7 my question is im having a problem with vista and i want to do a repair or if that does not work reinstall vista if i do that will it mess up my triple boot? thanks

Nope, if its necessary to fix its as simple as installing EasyBCD in Vista after install and adding the missing XP/Windows 7 entries.

Actually, it depends on which partition is labeled as "system" in Disk Management. If this is Vista's partition, reinstalling Vista (assuming at least, if you reformat the partition first) to it will make the boot files go "bye-bye", rendering your other OSes unbootable until you reinstall Vista, and use EasyBCD 2.0 Beta to re-add the XP and Win 7 entries to the boot menu. :smile:

Actually, it depends on which partition is labeled as "system" in Disk Management. If this is Vista's partition, reinstalling Vista (assuming at least, if you reformat the partition first) to it will make the boot files go "bye-bye", rendering your other OSes unbootable until you reinstall Vista, and use EasyBCD 2.0 Beta to re-add the XP and Win 7 entries to the boot menu. :smile:

my XP partition is named "system , active ,primary " would this make it safe to reinstall vista

Back