Dual boot w/2 XP's & iReboot problem

jefflandon

Please tell me if I am missing something, but I have iReboot with two copies of XP (regular & testing). Does this application only work with Vista? I have the program installed and neither of the XP installations comes up in the menu.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

EasyBCD and iReboot only support computers with the Windows Vista bootloader installed. Sorry about that!

Hi Jeff,

EasyBCD and iReboot only support computers with the Windows Vista bootloader installed. Sorry about that!
This thread just made me consider an interesting idea. :smile:
Any way you could write a version of iReboot or something similar which can reboot into other entries in the boot.ini?

It doesn't, I should have said BCDEdit + Bootmgr allows one time boots. NTLDR just does whatever boot.ini says.

Back to the legacy idea again, unfortunately if it were possible theres not much interest in dveloping for a dying technology.

Exactly. Technically, I definitely can. In essence, it isn't too difficult. But in reality, it's not something worth the time and effort it would take, and definitely not worth the code complexity, testing, and QA to make it happen.

Back