Guys need your help in removing vista from Dual boot vista and window 7 PC

Hi there,

My laptop came with window vista installed on hard drive C. I found vista very slow so i installed windows 7 on hard drive D of my PC . Now i am very happy with window 7 and want to get rid of window vista. I have read many topics and online help as i am noob . I found one video on youtube where it say to go to run and type MSCONFIG and it will show two windows running on PC and you simply click on delete visa and later go and format C drive. I could manage to delete Vista (C drive)in MSCONFIG but when i check on C drive vista still there and i cannot format windows vista. Now my pc dont give me dual boots options when i start it but instead it boot in window 7 without any start up screen but problem is windows vista is still there occupy space of drive C

Then i read that you need easyBCD to shift boot drive from vista to window 7 and also mark drive of window 7 as active. I did that but it still say drive C of vista as system in disc management so i cannot delete it..I have two questions

How to remove system from drive C of vista so i can delete it?

secondly if i cannot manage to delete it then how can i get back to dual boot startup screen after i deleted vista after typing MSCONFIG..

thank you guys

Is D: a logical drive ?
Changing the Boot Partition - EasyBCD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki
will only work if the target is a primary partition.
(that's a MS design limitation. Only a primary partition can be active and hence "system"
If you want the dual boot back, use EasyBCD "add new entry" an create a Vista entry pointing to drive "C:" )

Thank you terry for your quick reply and response. You are doing great job on this froum

actually system was moved from vista drive to windows 7 drive after i restarted the pc

Now all is fine but i am getting message about my window 7 is not genuine . I downloaded it from torrent and it worked fine before but now i think once i moved system file from vista to 7 getting this message

Back