Changing Boot partition

Hi guys, I tried to change boot partition, all went well except that Windows Boot manager did not write any patrition into device, simply wrote "boot" wthout any referrence to physical drive or partition

MBR.png
I installed new SSD and Win 7 on that drive and wanted to get rid of other copies of Windows installed on HDD, however MBR resides on HDD . Is there anyway to write correct partition manually ??

That is not incorrect. You need to now set the correct disk as first boot device in the BIOS.

That is not incorrect. You need to now set the correct disk as first boot device in the BIOS.

I have changed disk priority in BIOS,but since BCD did not write any patrition into 'device' string after rebooting nothing happens

Original Win boot loader was
Identifier .....
device partition=D:

After changing with Easy BCD it is became like
Identifier ....
device boot

I need to change to partition C:, but when BCD re-writes MBR first disk/partition somehow went omitted

Read
Changing the Boot Partition
more carefully.
EasyBCD does not move the boot, it copies the files to your target location.
If that location is on the same HDD, the switch of the "active" flag will automatically make the next boot occur from the new copy.
If the copy is on a different HDD, then just making it active cannot affect the boot. You must alter your BIOS setup to place the new HDD above the old one inside the HDD boot sequence. (that's not the same as putting HDDs in general above CD or USB, you must change the internal order within the HDDs)

Thank you Terry. Done as you advised, ( changed internal order within HDDs) however that did not help, probably because i installed OS on SSD not HDD, if it matters.Anyway thank you for help

Back