Computer Gaming

Did either of you watch the new RE movie? I heard it was decent.....

Last edited:
okay seeing as we are talking about it:

http://img.7chan.org/zom/src/119125284183.jpg

if it gets killed, shouldnt though... ill upload the image (you run that risk on images boards lol )

i know that i found somewhere some login screen mods or something for Windows XP that could change the login screen to look like an Umbrella Laboratories terminal login in... could this be done on linux?

i know that you can change EVERYTHING on linux so how would that be done?

i know you would physically have the images on your machine, to be used, and then you would need to change coding i guess for the login menu's

it would be awesome if i could login to my computer like that, i havent googled it yet but i will

Well i am somewhat of a gamer. I am looking forward to Crysis but i would like to finish the other 5 or more games i have started already.

FEAR
Doom 3
Halo
Halo 2
PainKiller

Just to name a few. On the Wii i have Metroid Prime 3 to get yet along with RE4. Still in the middle of Zelda and Mario Party 8.

The RE movies were good IMO. Much better than some other Video game movies that i have seen. *Flashes back to Street Fighter*

Just got done playing the Crysis Demo its absolutely astounding, most lifelike shooter game I have ever seen. Awesome graphics and responce. Download is kinda on the enormous side 1.7 gigs, but if you have the hardware you need to check it out.

Abit IN9 32X-MAX -nVidia 680i
Intel E6600 OCed to 3.2 GHz
4GB DDR2-800 Patriot EPP Memory
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
4 Western Digital 500 GB HDDs in RAID 0+1 for 931 GB formatted (1496 GB RAID 5 I'll migrate if I ever need the space)
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW -22" widescreen 2ms response time

Just got done playing the Crysis Demo its absolutely astounding, most lifelike shooter game I have ever seen. Awesome graphics and responce. Download is kinda on the enormous side 1.7 gigs, but if you have the hardware you need to check it out.

Abit IN9 32X-MAX -nVidia 680i
Intel E6600 OCed to 3.2 GHz
4GB DDR2-800 Patriot EPP Memory
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
4 Western Digital 500 GB HDDs in RAID 0+1 for 931 GB formatted (1496 GB RAID 5 I'll migrate if I ever need the space)
Samsung SyncMaster 226BW -22" widescreen 2ms response time

Nice PC :smile: At what details have you played and which resolution and how many frames per a second did you have? :smile:

I'm running at 1680x1050, with the settings all optimized to High, the possibilities are Low, Medium, High and Very High. I have not tried Very High yet. The game setup wizard uses high for my hardware. Very High is probably for GTX and Ultra models :smile: . Fraps shows me averaging about 34 FPS and the ingame stats (r_displayinfo=1 from the console) has it at about 32 fps.

My other machine -
Gigabyte G33-DS2R
Intel Petium Dual Core E2180 2GHz - OCed to 2.4 GHz
4 gigs DDR2 Patriot EPP Memory - 2 X 2GB 5,5,5,12
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256 MB -OCed to 720 Mhz CPU-1800 MHz DDR3 Zalman Cooler 38C idle 45C load
500 GB Western Digital SATA HDD
SONY SDM-HS73 17" 5ms

Runs optimized by the game at medium, 1024 x768, 35 FPS in game reading. But its my Media Center PC I have the other machine for gaming, I'm planning on upgrading to a 8800GT 512MB now that they are released, or possibly a GTX for the other machine and move the GTS to the media center. Whatever I do it will be after the holidays.

If you'all would like I can post some screenshots of some of the ingame action or maybe a video, not sure what is acceptable to post link to on this forum yet :smile:

By the way the Medium still looks awesome a bit less detail but still a cut above other games.

Last edited:
That's a nice rig, ruf1 :smile:

This is the water cooler, almost anything goes - feel free post all the screenshots or video clips you want :grinning:

I'm running at 1680x1050, with the settings all optimized to High, the possibilities are Low, Medium, High and Very High. I have not tried Very High yet. The game setup wizard uses high for my hardware. Very High is probably for GTX and Ultra models :smile: . Fraps shows me averaging about 34 FPS and the ingame stats (r_displayinfo=1 from the console) has it at about 32 fps.

My other machine -
Gigabyte G33-DS2R
Intel Petium Dual Core E2180 2GHz - OCed to 2.4 GHz
4 gigs DDR2 Patriot EPP Memory - 2 X 2GB 5,5,5,12
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256 MB -OCed to 720 Mhz CPU-1800 MHz DDR3 Zalman Cooler 38C idle 45C load
500 GB Western Digital SATA HDD
SONY SDM-HS73 17" 5ms

Runs optimized by the game at medium, 1024 x768, 35 FPS in game reading. But its my Media Center PC I have the other machine for gaming, I'm planning on upgrading to a 8800GT 512MB now that they are released, or possibly a GTX for the other machine and move the GTS to the media center. Whatever I do it will be after the holidays.

If you'all would like I can post some screenshots of some of the ingame action or maybe a video, not sure what is acceptable to post link to on this forum yet :smile:

By the way the Medium still looks awesome a bit less detail but still a cut above other games.

Very nice! So, with my future 8600GT I can play on Very High at 640x480 :lol: A.W.E.S.O.M.E. :brows: (Of course I don't mind resolution, I want details and special effects!!! :grinning:)

AM2 Gamer for about $675 US dollars

* Some AM2 Motherboard for this processor:
* AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
* 2 x 1GB RAM, not sure, maybe 800Mhz, DDR II I think
* nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB VRAM(256 bit, I hope I wont have to take one with 128 bit RAM :angry:), DirectX 10, Pixel Shader 4.0
* Well, for the hard drive, probably 320GB or 350 eventually, because I don't need to store something very big or for some data base or something like that, so that should be enough.

Could be better.. but oh well, life... you know. :smile:

That's a nice rig Sarge, I built one with an X2 4600+ for my Nephew earlier this year. If I was going to build an AMD machine for gaming it would be something like

-($90) GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 nForce 570 SLI MCP (or best price on a 570 or 590 chipset)
- ($130) AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W ADO500DSWOF Black Edition (with the unlocked multiplier these puppies fly, and you can go with stock memory speeds, so you don't have to spend a fortune on RAM. They don't come with a heatsink and fan.
-($40) Zalman 9500 (Any good aftermaket cooler is better for an OC rig anyway)
-($50) 2 X 1 GB - PC2-6400 800 MHz DDR2 (Any good brand with 4,4,4,12 latency make sure its 2.0 volts or less you don't need RAM that's already pushed to the voltage limit out of the package)
-($75) 320 GB SATA II HDD
-($100) nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB VRAM (the 8600GT has a 128 bit frame buffer, if you want 256-bit you will need to go with the 8800GT for ($300), I can tell you from my own experience that the 8600GT will do what you ask it to and the price is right)
-($20) Zalman GPU and memory cooler (trust me it brought my temps down by 12C at idle and 20C at load)
-($35) Coolermaster Centurion 5 Case (Solid toolless case with front audio, USB and Firewire, with really good airflow an 80mm intake fan and 120mm exhaust fan included)
- ($35) 500 Watt or more Power Supply (I just bought an Antec Neo-Power 550 watt, with ATX 2.2 specs, Active PFC and modular cabling for 35 bucks on sale)
- ($30) 18X DVD-RW - SATA or IDE (Go with the SATA if you can IDE is being phased out)
- ($20) 3.5" Floppy and USB 2.0 card reader combo drive.
- ($15) 104 key USB KB (you can spend a fortune on a KB but I'm a minimalist when it comes to keyboards)
- ($40) Logitech MX518 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB + PS/2 Wired Optical 1600 dpi Gaming-Grade Mouse
- ($35) Logitech X-230 32 watts RMS 2.1 Black Speaker System (for the money these sound really good I have used them on two systems this year)

Rig like this cost you 1500 -2000 retail, and this baby will RUN, with the processor at 3.2 and the 8600 GT overclocked to close to GTS speeds, you'll not be lacking a thing, I'd put money that it will come out around 5.6 or 5.7 on the Vista scale and not do to shabby on the futuremark tests. But where the rubber really hits the road is real life performance and with these or similar components. You got what we like to call a SCREAMER!!! where I come from.

Last edited:
The 512MB 8800GT is only 240, and the 256MB edition is right around 200 - you'd almost double your gaming performance with that upgrade for only a tad more.

Wow, thank you ruf1, you surely know who to put a bloody PC together :grinning:

9xxx should be out soon, who knows, maybe we'll get some of that series :smile:

-------
Call Of Duty 4 looks amazing, photo-realistic graphics:

call_of_duty_4_sc2.jpg

Last edited:
I have played the Crysis demo

it was on low on everything lol

but it WAS AWESOME!!!!

lol ^_^

ive been busy, sorry i havent been online much lately, school has been keeping me busy lol

i also got Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.

IT IS SWEET TOO! lol i love it <3 lol ^_^

oh and most of all

GARRY'S MOD!!!!!

yay yay!

i made this ship thingy lol

its HUGE-O

Attachments

• gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0000.jpg
    gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0000.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 3
Damn, Sarge, that's creepy!

It looks straight out of a movie! I guess it's not just Crysis that'll be delvering high-quality stuff. I better hurry up and order that PC!

more from garrys mod

i have figured out orbiting and i have made myself a solar system, with 8 planetoids and a ring of asteroids!

^_^

its all stuck together with roping and hover balls, although all the planet already have gravity turned off for them, the hover balls allow me to change the elevation for all the planets/asteroids at once.

---

i also am trying to make a drive-able ship for the next LAN party (which i get to bring my rig :smile: )

it has a chair and such and uses the wire-mod to wire thrusters and hover balls, wire-mod is HUGE and can get complicated, im not as good as my friend lol

ill get some picture of the ship soon lol

Attachments

• gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0010.jpg
    gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0010.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 3
  • gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0012.jpg
    gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0012.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 3
  • gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0014.jpg
    gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0014.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 3
  • gm_ps_hugeflatconstruct0016.jpg