7Zip not showing up on right click context menu windows 10 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to fix this problem after reading Farstrike post and by uninstalling 7zip 32bit and installing 7zip 64bit. Now all working as normal.

I had the same issue after upgrading to windows 11.
Try selecting "Show more options" in the right click menu. It works for me

signed up just for this, one thing to check is whether 7-zip.dll exists in the install folder, not to be confused with 7z.dll.

if it's not there then that's your problem! the fix is very easy, open the 7z installer exe any which way, like 7zFM.exe and extract 7-zip.dll to the install folder, that's it!

I had this same issue where the 7-zip disappread after my user was reset on my work computer. I tried one fix from above (Integrate 7-Zip to shell context menu option is selected - it already was), but it didn't help. What did help was just reinstalling the 64-bit version.

when 7Zip is not showing up on the right-click context menu in Windows 10 Pro, it can be frustrating, especially if you frequently use the application for compressing or extracting files. Here are the steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Check 7Zip Installation:
    • Firstly, ensure that 7Zip is installed correctly on your system. If not, download and install the latest version of 7Zip from the official website.
  2. Restart Your Computer:
    • Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues with context menu entries not appearing. Restart your computer after installing or updating 7Zip.
  3. Enable Context Menu Integration:
    • Open 7Zip application.
    • Go to Tools > Options.
    • Under the 7Zip tab, ensure that the "Integrate 7-Zip to shell context menu" option is checked.
    • Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
  4. Registry Fix:
    • Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to the following registry key:
      Copy code
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\7-Zip
    • If the 7-Zip key does not exist, it might have been deleted or not properly created during installation. You can try reinstalling 7Zip or manually create the missing registry key.
    • Right-click on the 7-Zip key (if it exists) and select Delete to remove it.
    • Close the Registry Editor.
  5. Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings:
    • Sometimes, User Account Control settings can interfere with context menu entries. Try adjusting the UAC settings to see if it resolves the issue.
  6. Restart File Explorer:
    • Open Task mod Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    • In the Processes tab, find and select Windows Explorer.
    • Click on Restart in the bottom-right corner of the Task Manager window.
By following these steps, you can troubleshoot and resolve the issue of 7Zip not showing up on the right-click context menu in Windows 10 Pro. Ensure that 7Zip is installed correctly, enable context menu integration, check registry settings, adjust UAC settings if necessary, and restart File Explorer to apply the changes effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back