Access and Modify Partition Files

abcat

Distinguished Member
Hi,

is there any software preferably which are free one that are able to access to partition files and edit it?

I tried Acronis Disk Director, it seems to allow me some basic edit/delete/rename files from the partition volume, so I wonder is there any more software (usually is bootable disc) that can allow me to do more things on every partition like hide/unhide partition, delete etc.

My main purpose is to see my recovery partition drive files so I wonder can any software do that.

Please advise :smile:

Why not jsut unhide the partition? Wouldnt that do it? I think only Acronis will do this while hidden as i have not seen anything else that would.

Download a copy of an Ubuntu Live CD and boot from it. It should let you edit whatever files you need.

Thanks both for replying, I wonder Ubuntu got any software to unhide the recovery partition or maybe Ubuntu itself can access to hidden partition?

Thanks for the reply again, I have the ubuntu version 5.10, the GParted seems to be outdated that does not allow me to manage flags.

You mean from GParted, I can access to the partition folders and files? I can't seems to find the features for that.

I am curious to know that is it no software that can run on Windows Mode to modify partition properties or folder/files but must run on "live" CD?

You should be using Ubuntu 7.10 or 8.04.

There is software for Windows, but its not free - if that's what you want I would recommend Acronis Disk Director 10.

Oh ok, I try download the latest version and it works and even hidden partition I also can access the file :smile:

Back