Accidentally installed linux on pc. No disk/other device to repair win10

Jack101

Tried installing linux on a really old laptop but i forgot to change the partition to usb (XD).

I cannot load up bios or select anything because keyboard wont work.

I have no other devices to create bootable usb including the old laptop due to USB is not working. I have no windows disk. Thanks for your time and i will reply sooner or later

Is Linux working ?
Can it see Windows ?
If not, then you have presumably overwritten it.
A repair disc cannot fix that, only a reinstall from a full Installation DVD.
If you can borrow one, use the key from your own PC, not that on the DVD.

linux and windows are not working. on my pc's Packaging it has a serial number for windows. I have no full installation disc so do i buy one?

Oh i apologise i did not create a recovery disc i just got the iso for win10 onto a dvd-r by using the media creation tool. I probably need to set boot priority to dvd in bios but i cant use my keyboard. I read up that this is used to install win10 its self. Windows 10 pro 64 bit for if you need to know. Thanks

OK I can see you're in the Windows bootmgr, so your problem is just that you've somehow managed to delete the BCD entry for Windows itself.
The repair disk should fix that.
Boot the disc > "Repair your Computer" > "Repair startup"
(you might need to do that whole line above two or three times - it might need to fix several things and it only does one per boot for some reason)

You need to get into the BIOS to change boot sequence priority, but if your keyboard is dead then you've encountered Catch 22.
You could try another keyboard in a USB port, but otherwise I wouldn't know how you get past the problem.

Another keyboard worked! i have set boot priority and i am just installing windows now. Will let you kn9w how it goes - Terry60 if there is anyway where i can rate you then send me a link

Back