Advanced Setting Question

Ok. Changed the bios to just UEFI and chose the UEFI Hard Disk option and the built in boot manager but to no avail.
Now it's not showing the boot menu from the EasyBCD that was there before and just booting into the MBR C: drive.
Windows disk manager shows System and Boot files only on the C: drive and EasyBCD shows this.....
I'm gonna have to try recloning it but with the "GUID Partition Table" option, aren't I?

EZ-BCD.jpg
MSDM.jpg

If you boot in UEFI mode, you should see a "Windows Boot Manager" option in the boot sequence among all the device options.
If you put that top of the boot order it should boot using the BCD in the ESP that you posted in #3 and you should see the winload.efi loader being used in EasyBCD. Make sure that contains an entry for your new GPT W7.
You still around, Terry?

If you boot in UEFI mode, you should see a "Windows Boot Manager" option in the boot sequence among all the device options.
If you put that top of the boot order it should boot using the BCD in the ESP that you posted in #3 and you should see the winload.efi loader being used in EasyBCD. Make sure that contains an entry for your new GPT W7.
Terry, do you know the settings the UEFI should be set on to properly boot Win7 x64 on the GPT drive?
As in what What device type, what partition on the GPT and what file should it point to?
I found it was still booting to the MBR C: drive because the bios UEFI Boot manager entry it was on was pointing to that. I changed it to point to the GPT and now it's booting "system" to the GPT drive but still has "boot" on the MBR.

"Boot" tells you what OS is actually running and "system", where it booted from.
If it's booting from the EFI System Partition, you won't see a "system" flag at all.
Point EasyBCD to whichever partition is marked as "system" and you'll find the entry which is telling it to load from the drive now showing as "boot".
Add another entry for the GPT clone and you should get a menu allowing you to choose.
That at least should get the OS you want, running.
All I can tell you is on my PC, the boot choice for the EFI System partition is "Windows Boot Manager". The characteristics were all assigned by MS during installation along with the multiple visible (and invisible) recovery partitions it also allocates without user intervention or control. It's all part of the Windows UEFI/GPT installation procedure over which the end-user has no say.
I installed W8 and W7 together from scratch on a new GPT SSD (and subsequently allowed W10 free upgrade to replace W8) so the number position and type of partitions other than my three user-defined were outside my control, even the one that Disk Management hides away
diskpart.JPG

diskman.JPG

Back