Automated Recovery not finding Windows 10

deanmeyers

I am a software developer that has a development machine setup as dual boot System 7 and Windows 10. When I boot the machine and it gets to the switch OS screens the mouse and key board do not work ( they are both USB ). The default is Windows 10 so 30 seconds later the machine moves on to the Windows 10 log in screen and then since neither the mouse or key work I can do nothing. I've tried booting from windows 10 system recovery boot disk but nothing works because it says I most select a partition before being able to restore or run recovery options on the system.

So I purchased your Windows 10 professional usb recovery tool and have booted from it and run the automated repair on it. It finds all 6 data volumes. One marked System 7 and then 5data volumes labeled. When I use the file directory tool the datavolume G has the Wndows 10 directory on it. When I try to use the automated repair to restore that data volume it says sorry it can not find a windows directory? When I try to run a repair on the windows 7 its sorry I can not repair this data volume because I need the windows 7 repair tool. Next when I use the partition tool it finds everything correctly and if I tell it to check the partitions it says everything is fine.

So basically uour automated repair does nothing to help me at the moment and I need some assistance. The windows 10 parition system registry has applications that I no longer have installers for and can not really afford to lose this working partition. There is nothing NO documentation I can find to use the linux cmd line window to run to attempt to use that tool either. I'd be willing to pay for support if you think you could help me. Obviously your tool finds the partition and the windows 10 directory is there as the file manager tool sees it and the partition tool see it. Its just the automated recovery tool does nothing and as I said there is not docs so it make this hard to use especially the command line.

Please advise if you can help I can not work.

thanks

Dean Meyers

It's unlikely that you will get any other help here. All support is to be sent to easyre@neosmart.net
I have never used that software so can't give you an answer other than you will probably need an System DVD to accomplish it.

I have emailed them directly and I received a response that it should be posted here. I did make a system recovery disk but didn’t help that’s why I tried your application

Easy BCD is free for personal use. Have you tried installing that and then adjusting the automatic selection of drives?

yes but if you cant log in you cant use easybcd you have to use the bootable utility eassyre which is what I wrote about in the first place that it is not recognizing the windows 10 partition but if you go to the file manger it sees the partition and the windows directory. it does see the system 7 directory but when i tell it to automatically fix that it says i have the wrong tool because it was down;loaded for windows 10 not 7. I need them to send me the windows 7 version and maybe that will work but the windows 10 version should work but is not for some reason

According to the post I first saw yesterday you were talking about Easy USB Creator of which I have no ideas, same with EasyRE. Incidentally you can apply for a refund of anything you've purchased within 30 days. EasyBCD will work in Safe Mode, or at least it used to, I haven't tried lately.

Peter,

thanks for trying to assist. My original email was about the product i purchased and downloaded the bootable bcdRE product not being able to recognize the windows 10 partition so it could attempt to fix the issues. I emailed the same post to support but haven't heard a thing back in the last 48 hours so Im thinking there will not be a response. thanks dean

Unfortunately our pleas for help have largely been ignored by the software developer - @mqudsi . He would no doubt offer some ideas on the subject. @Terry60 - my co-Moderator, any ideas?

Back