Backtick shortcut (Easy window switcher) - issue on non US keyboards

ArneStein

Trying out EasySwitch I cannot get it to work (swedish keyboard layout).

The backtick shortcut is a bit difficult on non US keyboards - one usually gets it with a combination of Shift/Alt + backslash / tilde.

Any knowledge how to get this working on non US keyboard layouts ?

A way of changing this setting - in the small program ?

I know it (wincycle.exe) is a tiny program - so maybe over the top to add a UI to it - maybe a tiny config file ?

Thanks.

I'm running Windows 11 in English, but with a Swedish keyboard layout, and after trying a lot of key combinations, Alt-ö is the one that works. But that's almost impossible to use with just one hand.

There's currently no intention to add the ability to dynamically change the keyboard shortcut for Easy Window Switcher, but the reason you're having such a hard time with it is that it's not using the right shortcut on your machines (with the Swedish keyboard layout).

We actually just released an updated version of Easy Window Switcher that includes a fixed keyboard shortcut for the Svenska layout; can you give it a try and let me know if it address your issue (@ArneStein and @nadanada)?

There's currently no intention to add the ability to dynamically change the keyboard shortcut for Easy Window Switcher, but the reason you're having such a hard time with it is that it's not using the right shortcut on your machines (with the Swedish keyboard layout).

We actually just released an updated version of Easy Window Switcher that includes a fixed keyboard shortcut for the Svenska layout; can you give it a try and let me know if it address your issue (@ArneStein and @nadanada)?

Thank you, it works perfectly now!

Back