\Boot\BCD corrupt I need help please!!

Yassin

Hii all,

I am using window 7 now is a month ago from when I installed..I use in my laptop without any problem...But today when I switched on I received a black window with messeg.....

WINDOW BOOT MANAGER

Window failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Window installation disc and restart your computer.
2.Choose your language settings,and then click Next
3.Click Repair your computer

If you do not have this disc,contact your system adminstrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

So this is what I get when I switch on my lap top

So I have try to put DVD for window 7 and to install again but I get this error again

\Boot\BCD is corrupt and unreadable.please run the Chkdsk Utility.

BCD Means Boot Configuration Data

Then I have try my best to do all the step I found from microsoft but not working untill now and I dont know how I can solve this issue can anyone help me please??

or can I download Windows Vista Recovery Disk

So it can help me to solve this issue??At the moment I have got window 7 in my laptop I need help please??

Hi Yassin, welcome to NST.
You don't need our recovery disk. It doesn't do anything that you can't do with the W7 DVD.
You need to boot your PC with the W7 DVD in the CD-ROM drive tray, and your BIOS set to boot CD/DVD before HDD.
You should see a message "press any key to boot from CD" if your boot is set up properly with CD before HDD.
Press a key, then select "repair your computer" and "startup repair" from the following screen.
Do this 3 times in all and W7 should boot again.

Hii Terry thanks for your help...But I have try that solution and no luck not working at all.......There is any other step I can follow???So I can solve my issue??

OK Boot W7 DVD, "repair your computer", but don't do startup repair, from the second screen choose the recovery console (command prompt).
From there, run a chkdsk /f against your W7 partition.
It will take a while to run, but when it's finished try the startup repair sequence again.

Back