Boot problem

Nikoza

Hello.

I installed one program (which name I don't remember) and the program reported there was some errors and click "Yes" if you want to fix them.. so I clicked "Yes" and next time when I launched my Windows 7 -> It didn't launch..

Windows 7 is installed on C, but when I go to the repair disc, there is C, which has only "hidden partition" files (100mb).

This is the bcdinfo, which was earlier in temp dir:

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=C:
path \bootmgr
description Windows Boot Manager
locale
timeout 30

Windows Memory Tester
---------------------
identifier {memdiag}
device partition=C:
path \boot\memtest.exe
description Windows Memory Diagnostic
locale

But I found another from C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt, so I replaced it (see attachment. I modified it a little bit [bcdinfoORIG.txt is the original]).

At the moment I'm using portable xp, but I can't use easybcd, because it requires .Net Framework.

Bcdinfo code {236c7b8f-bbb5-11de-8ef7-c52aaaed8c4d} might be wrong (don't know), but I can't use bcdedit /enum all command.

"Total identified windows installations: 0" when I write bootrec /scanos to cmd.

I have only Windows 7 installed and only one hard drive.
C: = Windows files
G: = Partition, where is games etc.
F: = "hidden partition", now it's F: but when I go to the repair disc place = C:

Any suggestions? Sorry about my english.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 4
  • bcdinfo.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 6
  • bcdinfoORIG.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 0
Heres how to fix startup problems. I would recommend you get Microsoft Security Essentials from Microsoft free of charge and scan the system for malware.

I can't install MS Security Essentials, but I have SUPERAntiSpyware and Spybot S&D.
I check if I find anything.

And I've tried that guide, but if I remember right, I couldn't continue from:
bcdedit.exe /import c:\boot\bcd.temp.

Thanks for the answer anyway 8 ). I appreciate it.

Edit: Ok I scanned and I uploaded a picture of the results (attachment).
Btw, from what partition do I boot? Hidden partition or from Windows installation partition?

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware.jpg
    SUPERAntiSpyware.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
If Super Antispyware found that much, i bet that Malwarebytes Antimalware will find even more. Super Antispyware is not known to catch everything. It only catches a small % of the total number of infections.

If Super Antispyware found that much, i bet that Malwarebytes Antimalware will find even more. Super Antispyware is not known to catch everything. It only catches a small % of the total number of infections.

..And almost severything what Super antispyware finds = false positive : ).
Even that Trojan was false positive.

But I can't run Malwarebytes anti-malware : (.

EDIT: I don't understand why I don't see the Windows installation drive when I go to recovery disc :confused: (I posted attachment).
+ When I select the hidden partition and activate it and then I autorepair, my bcdinfo.txt:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

Help please : ).

Attachments

• PB150057.JPG
    PB150057.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I have the same problem, please help.

pn: i can't even run DISKPART, it says:

disklayout.txt:
Code:
Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7601
Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: MINWINPC

DiskPart has encountered an error: The RPC server is unavailable.
See the System Event Log for more information.

Back