Cannot get bcd to add new entry

mwja627

when I try to add a new entry I get bcd execution error message.
an error occured while attempting the specified create option insuffiecent system resources exsist to complete the requested service.

my windows xp installation is on my c drive my windows 7 install is on my d drive.

i reset the the the bcd configuration then i tried to write windows 7 mbr then tried to add a device did not work then did the same reset wrote the xp mbr then tried to add a device same message so reset bcd again and this is where i am at.

in my view settings windows it says there are a total of 0 entries listed in the bootloader
default:
time out 0 seconds
easybcd boot device c:\

any help greatly appreciated can't restart my computer or i will be screwed please help if you are able to

Thanks

Terry60

Knows where his towel is.
Staff member

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Yes, by following the instructions at that link.

mwja627

Could not get in using windows 7 disk gave me A boot loader error message yes i was booting from disk. booted using a xp recovery disk i had and was able to add the entries and now my view file looks like this

There are 2 entries listed in the bootloader
Default Microsoft Windows 7
Timeout 10 Seconds
Easybcd Boot Device c:\

Entry #1
Name Microsoft Windows 7 BCD ID : (Default)
Drive: d:\
Bootloader path\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

Entry#2
Name Microsoft Windows XP
BCDID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive c:\
Bootloader path \nst\ntldr

Is there a way to fix it or should I just try to get another Windows 7 recovery Disk? can boot into xp fine but now windows 7

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Delete the 7 entry and add it again.

mwja627

ok deleted it and added it again still no luck here is the new view file info

There are 2 entries listed in the bootloader
Default:
Timeout 10 Seconds
Easybcd Boot Device c:\

Entry#1
Name Microsoft Windows XP
BCDID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive c:\
Bootloader path \nst\ntldr

Entry #2
Name Microsoft Windows 7
BCD ID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive: d:\
Bootloader path\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

should I delete xp and re add it what would be the next step I take here Thanks So much for all the help so far.

Addendum:

error message i get when booting windows 7 is file windows system 32 winload.exe
status 0x c0000428
info windows could not verify the digital signature for this file
trying to give as much info as possible

Thanks

Last edited:

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Ah.

Yes, that would explain it. There are some cases where the BOOTMGR is out of date (usually when one upgrades from or dual-boots with Windows Vista).

Try EasyBCD | Install/Repair | Re-Create BCD Files

mwja627

is there a way to fix it using easybcd? or should I just make my own windows 7 recovery disk and do a repair or will that not fix the problem either? can I update the BOOTMGR from easybcd.

Thanks

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Ah.

Yes, that would explain it. There are some cases where the BOOTMGR is out of date (usually when one upgrades from or dual-boots with Windows Vista).

Try EasyBCD | Install/Repair | Re-Create BCD Files
Like I said................................

mwja627

Sorry about that overlooked the bottom but the problem is now solved. I used terry 60 link
http://neosmart.net/forums/showthrea...hlight=bcd. I could not get it to boot was using nti burning software finally decided to burn with imgburn and everything loaded without a hitch had to run the repair 2 times now everything is up and running great. Thank You very Much Terry60 and Computer Guru