Cannot get bcd to add new entry

mwja627

when I try to add a new entry I get bcd execution error message.
an error occured while attempting the specified create option insuffiecent system resources exsist to complete the requested service.

my windows xp installation is on my c drive my windows 7 install is on my d drive.

i reset the the the bcd configuration then i tried to write windows 7 mbr then tried to add a device did not work then did the same reset wrote the xp mbr then tried to add a device same message so reset bcd again and this is where i am at.

in my view settings windows it says there are a total of 0 entries listed in the bootloader
default:
time out 0 seconds
easybcd boot device c:\

any help greatly appreciated can't restart my computer or i will be screwed please help if you are able to

Thanks

Could not get in using windows 7 disk gave me A boot loader error message yes i was booting from disk. booted using a xp recovery disk i had and was able to add the entries and now my view file looks like this

There are 2 entries listed in the bootloader
Default Microsoft Windows 7
Timeout 10 Seconds
Easybcd Boot Device c:\

Entry #1
Name Microsoft Windows 7 BCD ID : (Default)
Drive: d:\
Bootloader path\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

Entry#2
Name Microsoft Windows XP
BCDID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive c:\
Bootloader path \nst\ntldr

Is there a way to fix it or should I just try to get another Windows 7 recovery Disk? can boot into xp fine but now windows 7

ok deleted it and added it again still no luck here is the new view file info

There are 2 entries listed in the bootloader
Default:
Timeout 10 Seconds
Easybcd Boot Device c:\

Entry#1
Name Microsoft Windows XP
BCDID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive c:\
Bootloader path \nst\ntldr

Entry #2
Name Microsoft Windows 7
BCD ID: (c649a8ad-1dfo-11eo-a5c5-001a70101311)
Drive: d:\
Bootloader path\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

should I delete xp and re add it what would be the next step I take here Thanks So much for all the help so far.

Addendum:

error message i get when booting windows 7 is file windows system 32 winload.exe
status 0x c0000428
info windows could not verify the digital signature for this file
trying to give as much info as possible

Thanks

Last edited:
Ah.

Yes, that would explain it. There are some cases where the BOOTMGR is out of date (usually when one upgrades from or dual-boots with Windows Vista).

Try EasyBCD | Install/Repair | Re-Create BCD Files

is there a way to fix it using easybcd? or should I just make my own windows 7 recovery disk and do a repair or will that not fix the problem either? can I update the BOOTMGR from easybcd.

Thanks

Ah.

Yes, that would explain it. There are some cases where the BOOTMGR is out of date (usually when one upgrades from or dual-boots with Windows Vista).

Try EasyBCD | Install/Repair | Re-Create BCD Files

Like I said................................

Sorry about that overlooked the bottom but the problem is now solved. I used terry 60 link
http://neosmart.net/forums/showthrea...hlight=bcd. I could not get it to boot was using nti burning software finally decided to burn with imgburn and everything loaded without a hitch had to run the repair 2 times now everything is up and running great. Thank You very Much Terry60 and Computer Guru

Back