Computer Gaming

I played the Prey demo and most likely will get that one shortly. I got STALKER cause it was recommended to me by a good friend. He wants to crush me in it. :tongueout:

Prey was fun to play. I had jsut recently gotten rid of the Demo installer. Some of hte stuff in there was great.

I read up on the Doom 4 release. I cant wait. I loved 3.

I didnt like Doom 3 that much probably because it was too long and got boring in the end.

P.S. what happened to your blog, Sarge?

Addendum:

I didnt like Doom 3 that much, probably because it was too long and got boring at the end.

P.S. what happened to your blog, Sarge?

Last edited:
Well, I loved Doom 3, my dad is a fan of it, too. But not as much to Half Life series :tongueout:

My blog died in a crash... Haha.. no, look under "Wordpress and.. another wordpress" thread and find out. :smile:

Addendum:

As you guys know I'm hunting down and playing any sci-fi/space I can find, I got my hands on Pariah:

pariah1_WALLmid.jpg

Its done in Unreal 2 Engine, which looks like a 2002/2003 gaming scene to my eye. So, no normal maps, no soft shadows, no paralax mapping (okay I got a little too far now :tongueout:) no dynamic lighting even (except environment, excluding map objects). Oh well, and story is not something special... I don't get it, at least not yet.

Last edited:
STALKER is one of the best games i have played in years with the open ness an gameplay style that is just excellent.

Bah, didn't like it one bit :tongueout:

While it was very open, the gameplay was very boring and very tedious. It took too much effort to accomplish the simplest of things and was far too complicated for my liking.......

Realy? OK sure the begining can be a little tedious but when you get past the railway bridge things start to pick up an you are forced to look for a better weapon.

ok install it again an then play past that, if you can get your hands on a AKSU or a viper (STALKERS name for a mp5) the shotgun is good at CQB but the minute there is more than a few meters between you an the target you are in trouble.

I doubt I'll be doing that any time soon - exams, projects, and work have a priority ATM. But when I get the chance I'll certainly give it a second shot. Thanks.

Forget all this violence boys.On the Starship Titanic you don't need to collect weapons to gain control of the ship, just things like a cooked chicken to bribe the parrot with !

Ahhh.

I do ahve to say that STALKER is decent. Not so much a RPG but more like a FPSRPG. Kinda like a FP of Diablo. I have already gotten the shotgun and a machine gun and have moved to the 2nd chapter?!? Very interesting to say the least.

mak wait till you come across a snork they are hard to kill an when they swarm oh boy...

How are you finding the anomalies btw?

Back