Download issue when attempting download of EasyBCD

trinaz

EasyBCD was recommended by a SevenForums user to help correct a boot issue on my home system. When I go to download it...I get a warning page from my AV (Bitdefender Internet Security 2012) jpg attached.

This is the first and only time BDIS has blocked a page in 3 years of usage?

Is this file safe to download ?

Thanks...TRinAz

Attachments

• malware_boot.jpg
    malware_boot.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 6
Don't download from another site. At best it'll be an out of date build, at worst malware masquerading as the genuine article.

You have an infection or something else on your system. Cause when I go to neosmart.net and select EasyBCD, I am taken to this page:

EasyBCD Download Registration Page NeoSmart Technologies

That is completely different than the page you are trying to load. So either you didn't get to this page or your browser is being hijacked. I downloaded EasyBCD with no issues at all.

OK...after reproducing this multiple times and still getting the 'warning' message ...I was finally able to figure it out.

Downloaded from CNet forums (EasyBCD 2.1.2.exe) without issue...athough there was a posting there on Malware warnings also.

What happened is on the page that comes up after the registration (name/email page ) there is a large blue download window (jpg attached). I looked at the "Donate" info and didn't notice the 'advertisement' and hit the Download>> large blue button

That's when the Malware Warning page popped up...and it still does for the ad that was there yesterday when I visited ( http://alwaysdownloads.com/downloads/manager/?t202id=9231&c1=cngu&t202kw=New Version Of Windows) WARNING !! This link will still bring up the Malware alert still today

Apologies for inadvertently indicating EasyBCD but question why links on the download for page EasyBCD should cause issues ?

Thanks...TRinAz

Addendum

OK...after reproducing this multiple times and still getting the 'warning' message ...I was finally able to figure it out.

Downloaded from CNet forums (EasyBCD 2.1.2.exe) without issue...athough there was a posting there on Malware warnings also.

What happened is on the page that comes up after the registration (name/email page ) there is a large blue download window (jpg attached). I looked at the "Donate" info and didn't notice the 'advertisement' and hit the Download>> large blue button

That's when the Malware Warning page popped up...and it still does for the ad that was there yesterday when I visited ( http://alwaysdownloads.com/downloads/manager/?t202id=9231&c1=cngu&t202kw=New Version Of Windows) WARNING !! This link will still bring up the Malware alert still today

Apologies for inadvertently indicating EasyBCD but question why links on the download for page EasyBCD should cause issues ?

Thanks...TRinAz

For what it's worth....Just noticed that the link http://neosmart.net/download.php?id=1 today has the same download link for "Download Manager" that gives me the Malware warning ?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2
  • download2.jpg
    download2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3
Back